Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got stage 2 's on the front because I was constantly bottoming out my stock shock. Holy crap! Now I see why people pay s much for shocks! it made a world of difference!
I'm no pro racer or anything and just made a lap around the intermediate track at NCMP to try them out. I was following my friend around on his YFZ 450. Nothing crazy, just 2nd and 3rd gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL7f6K01eFk&list=UUR5E_vX6ybCxJXMjma-fG_w&index=1&feature=plcp

And here is my 9 year old sons frist SX race on his Sportrax 90. His bike had less power than the others, but he made up for it with his lack of fear on the jumps! haha I was super proud of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzer7BaOW0&list=UUR5E_vX6ybCxJXMjma-fG_w&index=2&feature=plcp

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thats awesome about your son. I was even proud of him.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
exhausted,
Your son did a great job. Really like the way he chose his lines. Looked like a professional. That two-stroke, I think NO# 11 was doing pretty good too. Your boy really did a neat pass on him.
Wow!! Thanks for that. Could you have your boy give us some thoughts on that race? Like to hear what was going through his mind, other than making his dad proud.
Sid

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, Thanks guys. He has been racing in the cross country races here 5 or 6 times, and he kept telling me he wanted to try racing on a real track, so I found this series and asked him if he wanted to try it. I told him since his bike was stock power wise to not be upset if he came in last and he said he wouldn't he just wanted to try it. So when he went out there and ran the ay he did, I was as giddy as a little girl. Haha He was just upset the second race got rained out. He wasn't afraid of hitting the jumps as hard as the poor little 90 could, but it just didn't have enough ass to clear some of the jumps he wanted to. I'm working on that now with a spare motor we have at the house.

Here are some pics we took of the warm up laps and the actual race. He was so nonchalant about it I had to keep asking him if he liked it, and he said " Are you serious? I loved it!" haha

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The biggest jump that you can see his shadow in the air on the video.

It was over 90* and super humid out, so he looked like he was beat down after the race, but he asked for a bottle of water as soon as he was finished so he would be ready for his next race! haha

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Damn that pass he made on the leader at 1:02 was awesome. I bet you've watched that a few times! Great kid great story thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn that pass he made on the leader at 1:02 was awesome. I bet you've watched that a few times! Great kid great story thanks for sharing!
Haha, how'd you know? I've watched in slow motion a lot! I wish I had footage from the other kids helmet as he turned to the side to see the bottom of my sons quad! haha

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and we got the new issue of Dirtwheels the other day and the picture he submitted a few month ago was in the letters section. He freaked out when he saw that! haha

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
At this point I think you named this thread entirely wrong! Braden needs his own thread like Braden 2012 or something, lol. Tell him we are all proud of him!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulation to your Son on that race. It looks like you have the makings of a Pro Circuit racer there. Any sponsors yet? Hey Dad if your worried about him not getting enough HP to go fast enough let him try yours. Actually I am shocked the kid jumps higher than I do.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
exhausted,
FANTASTIC!!! Liked the picture where he was "eyeballing" the competition at the rail. The jumps, wheelies and woods riding were excellent.
He will be ready for the next size quad soon. MORE POWER!!
:xx::xx::xx:
Thanks again. This is an outstanding thread.
Sid

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At this point I think you named this thread entirely wrong! Braden needs his own thread like Braden 2012 or something, lol. Tell him we are all proud of him!
I know right? I wasn't sure if you guys would like his video or if I just thought it was good because he is my son. Haha

Congratulation to your Son on that race. It looks like you have the makings of a Pro Circuit racer there. Any sponsors yet? Hey Dad if your worried about him not getting enough HP to go fast enough let him try yours. Actually I am shocked the kid jumps higher than I do.
I wish he had a sponsor or two! haha Luckily I'm able to work a decent amount of OT through the week at my job to fund it.
exhausted,
FANTASTIC!!! Liked the picture where he was "eyeballing" the competition at the rail. The jumps, wheelies and woods riding were excellent.
He will be ready for the next size quad soon. MORE POWER!!
:xx::xx::xx:
Thanks again. This is an outstanding thread.
Sid
Ya, we have a spare motor here that I think we are gonna put a piston, cam, and exhaust on to see how that works. If that's still not enough, we may be looking for an Apex 2 stroke soon. But I would rather see the four stroke do well.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I'm with you on this one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm with you on this one.
Haha, thanks. I'll def start his own thread once I get some footage from his next race. Unfortunately he will miss the next one this Saturday at Busco since he is on vacation with his mom this week, but the race after that on Sept 11th back at NCMP he should be at.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts