Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a EHS controller, along with the air box lid and a full FMF exhaust. I installed everything and then tried to set the controller and the minus button appears like it does the same function as the mode button. I can raise the numbers in each mode but I cannot lower them. It appears like the box is just a POS and needs to get returned for a replacement, but anybody know if there could be another cause? I have checked my ground several times over it seems to be good and the other wiring is pretty self explanatory.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I haven't had any problem with mine at all. You just need to use the (+) or (-) quickly and the the mode button quickly to lock the setting in... If you don't press mode quick enough, after pressing the + or - button, it will go back to default and the setting you entered will not lock in.

However, if you still have any problems with the controller or it really is defective... Give Eric a call at EHS and I'm sure he'll get you set. He's a really nice guy and will help you any way he can.

roadkill

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I have pretty much figured it is a faulty controller because when I push mode it goes into green mode then if i push - then it goes into the yellow mode and if I push + then it raises the yellow mode. It appears that minus is doing what the mode button does.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How is the EHS controller compared to the PC3 or PC5? I have the PC3 and have not had one problem with it, easy to map/remap, and totally adjustable + and - fuel.

·
Registered
446 Posts
doa is a better term, pos refers to the entire product and seeing as a lot of us currently have the EHS controller and it's working great for us you might just want to call and have a replacement sent. Their electronics... sometimes they die after QC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have you called eric from ehs i am sure he would sought you a new one
I did but, I don't like to work on Sunday and neither does he (i assume) and I don't fault him for that, meaning nobody picked up the phone today.

I'll call on Monday, I was more just throwing it out there to see if it was something I was doing wrong. I don't get very impressed by this situation because I live in Canada I get my goods shipped 20miles south of the border and drive to go pick them up to avoid brokerage fees. Now I have to drive down to mail it and then drive down to go pick up a replacement. Is EHS gonna pay for all this extra time/gas money? Probably not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did but, I don't like to work on Sunday and neither does he (i assume) and I don't fault him for that, meaning nobody picked up the phone today.

I'll call on Monday, I was more just throwing it out there to see if it was something I was doing wrong. I don't get very impressed by this situation because I live in Canada I get my goods shipped 20miles south of the border and drive to go pick them up to avoid brokerage fees. Now I have to drive down to mail it and then drive down to go pick up a replacement. Is EHS gonna pay for all this extra time/gas money? Probably not.

Monday is holiday for us in the US OF A so no one will answer tomorrow (sowwy)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine had been working fine. I got the lid. FMF 4.1, powerbomb header. POS id very strong and your header makes it look like EHS has crap products. It's not really fair to trash a company before you've spoken to them. Eric always answers the phone and will talk to you when he's there.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
So i bought a EHS controller, along with the air box lid and a full FMF exhaust. I installed everything and then tried to set the controller and the minus button appears like it does the same function as the mode button. I can raise the numbers in each mode but I cannot lower them. It appears like the box is just a POS and needs to get returned for a replacement, but anybody know if there could be another cause? I have checked my ground several times over it seems to be good and the other wiring is pretty self explanatory.
Yeah i agree POS is kinda harsh but i will be more than happy to help you out. We are working on the holiday so we can leave for the race and still get everybodies orders out. You will need to get up with me today or by noon tomorrow otherwise we will all be gone until next week for the biggest 4 stroke drag race in a long time.

to issue your problem what happens when you hit the mode button (behind logo) does it cycle through the modes?

When you hit your minus button does it cycle through the modes?

Or does nothing happen when you hit the minus button?

You can not hold the button down it needs to be tapped quickly otherwise you can cycle through a bunch of modes at once or it may not look like it does anything. The controllers are tested out pretty extensivly before they are shipped its very seldom there is a bad unit but it is possible

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i agree POS is kinda harsh but i will be more than happy to help you out. We are working on the holiday so we can leave for the race and still get everybodies orders out. You will need to get up with me today or by noon tomorrow otherwise we will all be gone until next week for the biggest 4 stroke drag race in a long time.

to issue your problem what happens when you hit the mode button (behind logo) does it cycle through the modes?

When you hit your minus button does it cycle through the modes?

Or does nothing happen when you hit the minus button?

You can not hold the button down it needs to be tapped quickly otherwise you can cycle through a bunch of modes at once or it may not look like it does anything. The controllers are tested out pretty extensivly before they are shipped its very seldom there is a bad unit but it is possible
Ok I guess I can admit maybe I was a bit harsh but I was extremely let down since everyone talks up EHS products. It seems like the mode & minus button do the exact same thing, I have been able to raise several numbers but unable to lower any of them. I can cycle through the modes with the minus button. If I press mode once and the immediately press minus it will go to the next mode, if I press mode once and immediately press + it raises the number like its supposed to.

I will call tomorrow(tuesday) morning and can have it in the mail in the morning to be sent back to you.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
EHS(and about 40 other race teams) are going to the state of Alabama for an Outlaw sand drag shootout next weekend:
http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/raptor-700-mods/11568-fastest-stock-frame-raptor-na.html

So you may not even get in touch with him next week at all.
I definately want to see this race. East VS west i hope barker and EHS lay the smack down.
:rock:

Also every since i have been on this forum Eric has pulled thru on his promises his customer service seems second to none. so dont get discouraged. I am sure he will take care of you. as he has many of our fellow members on this site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.