Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Folks the TRX 450 shock is 17", the 700xx shock is 17.9". I know for a fact that Fox reduced there standard travel Evol Gen 2 to 17" to try and lower the 700xx a bit so you should have no problems. The TRX shock bolts straight up with no modification. The only problems would be spring rate and valving to suit the XX.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dont know about the 700xx springs, I just bolted a set straight in off a late model TRX. I think you might find the 700xx springs may be a bit long and bigger in diameter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No mate I have Fox Evol, it was just something I played around with when I first got my 700xx, I did not like the DS shock swap and all the mods that go with it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate the camber is a good question, I could not notice it when I had them on my 700xx, as stated I know Fox reduced there shock to 17" for the 700xx. The problem with the TRX 450 shock is they come off a bike a lot lighter than ours so they may not have springs that can handle the type of weight the 700xx is. But ask Ed or Josh and see what they say about springs and valving. The only mod you have to do is remove the radiator grills on each side.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You got it, but makes no difference to cooling. Before you go down this path first find out what the shocks will cost then your springs and valving, it could start to get right up there in cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts