Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dang, he obviously doesn't know what those things go for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
anybody actually used these?? how well do they work??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Depends on the width of the shock bases. The answer I got from the ebay seller is:
18.5 inches from center of eye to center of eye.
1.24 inches top and bottom width

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
As anybody tried rear shocks on the front ? Change the lower ends and bingo.The front and rear shocks have same length of travel and the lower end is into changiable.
:yay:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought them...i'll let you know how the install goes...same length, bottom mount is close, will have to machine down the top mount to fit...revalve and Bob's your uncle....I hope....lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just take your time and measure three times and cut once. The front shock install on my 400EX went really smooth. Can't wait to see the results.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Let us know sonic!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I bought them...i'll let you know how the install goes...same length, bottom mount is close, will have to machine down the top mount to fit...revalve and Bob's your uncle....I hope....lol
:yay:....well done.

Not sure they will need a revalve; I would just stick em on and see how it goes. Adjust all of the clickers to the middle possition.

I would also try it with the stock 700xx front springs on the DS450 shocks.

I really hope it goes well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was thinking the same...add the stock front spring, which seems a little soft...another 25lbs added to both side spring rates would be nice...
The same guy who used to build the suspensions for my mx bikes said he would revalve them cheap...and revalve the rears...change the bladders inside as well??? not sure what that meant, but i'm glad he does...lol....I might as well....i'll let everyone know how the build goes....

:yay:....well done.

Not sure they will need a revalve; I would just stick em on and see how it goes. Adjust all of the clickers to the middle possition.

I would also try it with the stock 700xx front springs on the DS450 shocks.

I really hope it goes well.

·
Registered
734 Posts
the bladders are like 50 bucks and you only need to change them if they are torn. Try them stock first and see how it goes. You might want to crank some of the preload a bit if they seem a little bit low.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Any luck trying these out yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still waiting for them to show up...apparently they should be here this week....the border is so slow to cross....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Again...sorry for the delay....
The mod and install went ok...the upper mount on the shock has to be trimmed to half its width...then a notch has to be machined on the inside towards the bike...the upper mount position on the frame has to be slightly 'massaged' to allow so extra clearance....all in all, for the price I think its gonna work great...
The stock springs do fit, but seem to lift the front too high...I was going for a little lower on the front, so my current set up is Ds springs with clickers adjusted on the harder side...
Just waiting for the ground to dry up at the track, gonna try them out....I'll let you know!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
front shocks

they do good until u start getn long air time then bottom out! yes they should hav put better shocks on front like the rear!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts