Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Nothing ! This is with 22" front and rear.
The fronts fully extended give you 14" ground clearance . The 16" actually even things out.
I have some figures ,I want to send to you. May help you out. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
450R shocks on 700xx

I just bought a new set of 450R front shocks to put on my 700xx. They are 3/4 inch shorter, but so are the two 450R rear shocks I plan on installing to get dampening in the back. Just need to switch out springs. I don't have the rediculous $2800+ for Elkas front and back.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Welcome to the Club! :atv:

You will loose a lot of travel in those shocks if I'm not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I just bought a new set of 450R front shocks to put on my 700xx. They are 3/4 inch shorter, but so are the two 450R rear shocks I plan on installing to get dampening in the back. Just need to switch out springs. I don't have the rediculous $2800+ for Elkas front and back.
450r rear shocks on the back of the 700xx !
I'll find you some pics before you buy them , then maybe ,you'll do what I decided and not modify the frame,etc to make them fit.

The stock rear is about 20" the stock 450r rear is way shorter. Also the lower clevis on the 450r shock is wider than the 700xx shock. Hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
this is a first this guy is trying to put a 450r sra rear shock on the rear of the 700xx thats funny:eek:hno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I just reiceived My new KYB absorber and wow I wish I could find theme before, the ride is so smooth now!

It's turn better, I really appreciated theme!

I found theme on ebay

KYB X Package Performance Shock KIT FOR Honda TRX 700 | eBay

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know this thread is crazy old, but with the TRX450R front shocks I know they lower the front end.

I currently have 23" tires on the front of my XX, so wouldn't that make up for the shorter shocks? I don't jump the quad it's used for trail riding.

Do you guys think the 450R shocks would be ok in this setup? I just really like the idea of a full bolt on shock over modifying the DS450 shocks or something similar...

·
Registered
642 Posts
what would be wrong with lowering the front end ?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Big rocks & logs, let alone deep ruts! I love my ground clearance.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts