Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the TRX 700XX (08) took it out thinking this is going to be sweet!!! I was impressed with the torque and the plush ride over bumps... Then I tried to turn.... (horrible under steer and no slide :( ) I did what sounds like most of you have done scoured the Internet trying to find a solution. I am struggling with paying $450+ for a simple sway bar. I am currently in the process of designing an OEM type fit sway bar for my bike. If all goes well I could have them made to be sold for around $150.00 ea. If they work well I might have some of you all try them out for free to get some feedback. Thoughts??

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
that sounds like a cool idea. however you will be suprised how well it does actuall handle and slide once you learn to ride it. its a whole different felling than straight axels and you just have to lean harder. but an affordable sway bar would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ill try it out

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Id love to try it out. I'd cover the shipping for it. Let me know how I can help

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
i would b more than happy to pay shipping and test it out as well

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I'd pay shipping as well and test it out. But like Remington said, if you ride it more you will learn how to slide it around. I learned to lean farther and a little more to the front.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
All what you need is Razr tires to slide the XX. The stock tires have soft sidewalls allowing them to roll and grip when cornering. The Razr have stiff sidewalls and allow the quad to slide.

·
Registered
101 Posts
im with smooth, the razr tire helped a bunch

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys!

Took the new bike out yesterday in the moutains and hit the trails. It worked like a champ I love the extra ground clearance. I had to mentally remember I was not on my 400ex and I could go over those larger rocks!

Back to the sway bar yesterday I made a quick rough prototype from 3/4" 1018 steel rod. I tested it against the OEM bar and no bar.... And it allowed me to turn much better and still allowed for suspension travel. I have modeled two different sized bars one 5/8" and one 19mm. I plan to have them into the spring shop to be made professionally next week. I will only have two of each made up for the first run. I will test them out then send two sets out to the first two who replied to this thread. If there responce is good then I will ask them to send the bars on to the next two. I will leave it up to you guys to send the bars to the next person. If there is enough interest then I will have 25 made of the more prefered rate and offer them on e-bay as a "buy it now" for a reasonable price.

As for learning to ride the bike there is some truth to that it is a different bike to ride! However when I throw my 130lbs arround not much happens...;) . This bar I made as crude as it was really helped me. I hope you guys will like them. When the time comes I will be asking for names and addresses.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thanks guys!

Took the new bike out yesterday in the moutains and hit the trails. It worked like a champ I love the extra ground clearance. I had to mentally remember I was not on my 400ex and I could go over those larger rocks!

Back to the sway bar yesterday I made a quick rough prototype from 3/4" 1018 steel rod. I tested it against the OEM bar and no bar.... And it allowed me to turn much better and still allowed for suspension travel. I have modeled two different sized bars one 5/8" and one 19mm. I plan to have them into the spring shop to be made professionally next week. I will only have two of each made up for the first run. I will test them out then send two sets out to the first two who replied to this thread. If there responce is good then I will ask them to send the bars on to the next two. I will leave it up to you guys to send the bars to the next person. If there is enough interest then I will have 25 made of the more prefered rate and offer them on e-bay as a "buy it now" for a reasonable price.

As for learning to ride the bike there is some truth to that it is a different bike to ride! However when I throw my 130lbs arround not much happens...;) . This bar I made as crude as it was really helped me. I hope you guys will like them. When the time comes I will be asking for names and addresses.

im 130 to ill let u know how it works out.... do u know whats the final $$$ is gona be???

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know it will take much more $$ to make the first few because of prototype costs... I am hoping to get the cost for a complete bolt on kit (brackets, bushings and bar) under $150.00 per kit. I will not know for sure until I get the quote back but I am confident it will be a more reasonable cost than others... What else on these bikes are problematic?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I know it will take much more $$ to make the first few because of prototype costs... I am hoping to get the cost for a complete bolt on kit (brackets, bushings and bar) under $150.00 per kit. I will not know for sure until I get the quote back but I am confident it will be a more reasonable cost than others... What else on these bikes are problematic?
now thats a good price... if u could make more parts i would say, make a revers lever kit so that the lever is by the trottle like the kfx450r, cvt boot protectors, and a full intake kit...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
now thats a good price... if u could make more parts i would say, make a revers lever kit so that the lever is by the trottle like the kfx450r, cvt boot protectors, and a full intake kit...
The actual intake tract up to the TB really isn't restrictive for the stock motor, Just the stock filter is. The TB and head inlet is the restriction for a built motor. What we do have to work with is adequate for 70hp though. That kind of power on the XX would be a handful without a longer wheelbase. Things are coming around for the XX, we'll be seeing changes soon enough.

There is a post in the Reverse Rev Limiter delete thread showing how to install a lever on the handle bars.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The actual intake tract up to the TB really isn't restrictive for the stock motor, Just the stock filter is. The TB and head inlet is the restriction for a built motor. What we do have to work with is adequate for 70hp though. That kind of power on the XX would be a handful without a longer wheelbase. Things are coming around for the XX, we'll be seeing changes soon enough.

There is a post in the Reverse Rev Limiter delete thread showing how to install a lever on the handle bars.

i say once someone makes a billit head we'll see 70 hp no problem...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
True a billet head would knock the current roof down but who will invest the couple grand to do it? 70hp is already available, Just takes time to get things together.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
True a billet head would knock the current roof down but who will invest the couple grand to do it? 70hp is already available, Just takes time to get things together.
true....or just be lazy and put on a turbo but then well need a wheelie bar

·
Registered
528 Posts
if people give good reviews on it i will buy one from you.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts