Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the 450r shocks . I seem to remember they were 1 1/2" shorter.
need a upgrade but want to keep the same ride height to get over the ditches up here..seen a set of elkas on e bay that were listed as 505mm long,dont know if he meant from bolt to bolt or not but is a good wee shorter than the 700

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
need a upgrade but want to keep the same ride height to get over the ditches up here..seen a set of elkas on e bay that were listed as 505mm long,dont know if he meant from bolt to bolt or not but is a good wee shorter than the 700
The 505mm (19 7/8") will be LT fronts or equivilant to. The Elka st1 (stock length) I have measure 450mm (17 3/4"). Also they have been on Ebay for a while !

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
not to change the subject, but can you use the LT shock with the stock a arms or do you got to use the 17 3/4 one with the stock a arms?:xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
what about LT with Eds upper a arm replacement one thats adjustable, does the LT shock put more stress on ball joints when your riding and bottoming out or more stress fully extended like getting air on a jump?:xx:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Ed does not produce ball joints long enough to help out. The ball joints are under stress about the first 2"ish of travel.
I will put this another way, I am helped out by Motowoz shocks, so I would recommend that you buy there shocks. But I would also add ,if you would like to upgrade youre front stock pogo sticks then buy front shocks that are built for the 700xx , that way the spring rates, dampning and rebound is built for the 700xx and youre weight! Why buy something twice, tried that and it costs more.
I love my blue shocks. :tup:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Ed does not produce ball joints long enough to help out. The ball joints are under stress about the first 2"ish of travel.
I will put this another way, I am helped out by Motowoz shocks, so I would recommend that you buy there shocks. But I would also add ,if you would like to upgrade youre front stock pogo sticks then buy front shocks that are built for the 700xx , that way the spring rates, dampning and rebound is built for the 700xx and youre weight! Why buy something twice, tried that and it costs more.
I love my blue shocks. :tup:
yeah bax im gonna upgrade but im sticking to the stock arms does moto woz make a standard travel shock for the xx?:xx:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts