Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone installed rear rack such a this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SZAEBK?tag=amazon3d-20

Right now, I always carry my backpack with me but I wish I had more storage, for extra clothes, towing rope, food etc. don't tell me to get different atv :birds: ;)

This rear rack doesn't seem too good, it looks like it's gonna break after few trips. I was thinking about installing extra bag behind me but I have now idea how to do it? Have anyone tried to do it?

If you have any pictures or ways to do it I would really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I haven't tried one but you might consider PRM-ATV's Rack. I have their grab bar and heel guards and like them quite a bit. Those items were well constructed and a helpful company and were welded together extremely well.

Not sure how you feel about the looks but that's pretty much personal preference.

EDIT: As an added note the aluminum they use is quite light weight so I bet that thing weighs next to nothing. The more I look at the rear rack the more I like the design too because it would be really easy to strap stuff down using bungee cords or tie-down strap

·
Registered
205 Posts
There's also something like this if you hadn't thought of it http://tinyurl.com/gastankbag

Made a tinyurl cause it was an ebay auction. There are many out there other than that one, just an example

·
Registered
538 Posts
check out this guys setup, been trying to figure it out...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
PRM is the only way to go for a cargo rack,they have 3 or 4 different setups for the 700xx

·
Registered
194 Posts
check out this guys setup, been trying to figure it out...

2 pieces of "l" shaped coming straight out from the rear and using existing bolts...then put a flat piece of 4mm plastic or you could use alloy for a floor..strong enough to carry 2ltr of fuel or waterproofs etc...didnt want the brake light to be obscured

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You for all replies. I kind of like that PRM-ATV's Rack. Does anyone have a picture of it installed on their atv?

Also, if I get it, I would need some heavy duty, waterproof duffle bag or case. Do you know any good stuff? I'm pretty sure rack and bag will get dirty from driving right away.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the rack you first asked about. The previous owner installed it. I have used it alot it is really handy. I have hauled coolers, gas, water, tools and when I have had the occassional passenger in works as a great lower back rest so they don't slide off the back.
The only complaint I have is the two edges of the rack vibrate against the plastics sometimes and have made a wear mark on the plastics but isn't noticeable. Other than that I really like it and so do my buddies who can't carry anything when we ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the rack you first asked about. The previous owner installed it. I have used it alot it is really handy. I have hauled coolers, gas, water, tools and when I have had the occassional passenger in works as a great lower back rest so they don't slide off the back.
The only complaint I have is the two edges of the rack vibrate against the plastics sometimes and have made a wear mark on the plastics but isn't noticeable. Other than that I really like it and so do my buddies who can't carry anything when we ride.
I have this same rack and have had the same experience, I also have to tighten the bolts every once and awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would like to know where to get a water proof bag I already know which rack im going to get

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
PRM six pack rack

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here's one pic I have on my phone if you want a couple close ups let me know. The bag is on it and I use it lots.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Black&Blue7XX and grafixghost if u get a chance, could u please post some pictures of it on your atv? with a bag too? thanks!
Also the hole in the center of the rack makes a great place to put a little canvas cooler, I'll take pictures next time i ride which unfortunately will probably not be until next weekend.:cry:

·
Registered
538 Posts
picture below will show you how i did mine...using the 2 bolts which hold your rear grab bar on

I like this, lower center of gravity as well, i hate stuff hanging way off the rear like most racks.

Thanks for the close up

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Which one are u getting? :)
I also like the matlock edition storage rack. Still don't know where to get a water proof bag from.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Also the hole in the center of the rack makes a great place to put a little canvas cooler, I'll take pictures next time i ride which unfortunately will probably not be until next weekend.:cry:

Good point. When I carried a "standard" smaller gas can(1 gallon can) on the rack for two days it fit perfectly in the center like the rack was made for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts