Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
What are your feelings for the longevity of the TRX700XX? I have read many articles about the machine and feel that the general consensus is that the XX cannot compete with the Raptor and others with a comparative displacement. I have also noticed the after-market vendors appear to be reluctant to come out with new products. Tires, wheels, miscellaneous electronics and hardware are at a premium. Honda is still making the machine but I wonder for how long. It doesn’t’ really bother me because I really like my XX especially from a performance and looks perspective.
Thanks,
Sid

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its a honda, it will run forever as long as u take care of it properly... Just like any other honda product. As far as comparibility to a raptor... No contest in the trails. Imo, no sra can hang with the xx in trails. In the sand, drag racing, with a 12 or 13 tooth spocket and the big 3, the xx wins again. And I can't say for sure but them guys who dump all their money n2 the raptors engine... Well alba makes matlocks xx engine and they have an engine kit sorta similiar available to xx owners... So my guess is we xx owners win again

But I'm no pro, just an extermely happy xx owner.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've often wondered the same... as of right now I know they're not selling well in Northern CA so if its like that everywhere then I don't imagine they'll keep it for long. I absolutely LOVE the machine tho. If they keep it, I'll probably always be buying new trx700s when ready.
However, working in its favor is that its new. It takes time to accept change and for people to realize it is an amazing machine. When the economy turns around more people will buy em and recommend em, etc. I just hope Honda hangs tough and keeps it

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've owned a 06' 700r Raptor and now I own a 700xx. Thats all I have to say about that. They will come around when more people are able to buy them and after market parts, when and if the economy starts to get better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts