Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like it!!! Is this a complet bolt on set up???

·
Registered
133 Posts
By the looks of it im sure it will perform well!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That looks really sweet! Very nice job! Can't wait to hear how it performs! Take some vids if you can!

·
Registered
99 Posts
That looks great man! It's placement is different I like it.
What size winch is that? And is that the bumper I think it is!? haha

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I built the mount myself the winch is a warn and I only had to cut the plastic grill a 1 inch by 1 inch hole

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you rode it yet? since you are obviously riding in the desert where it is hot, I'm curious if your placement in front of the radiator is going to cause heat problems. But that looks nice tho, let us know as some of us may copy it.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have not ridden it yet but im in the NW so I shpuld not have troubles with that. If I did it again, I would put the receiver below, like remove the bumper. It would make the xx longer but would be a more standard location. I think it will work well as it wont be the first thing to hit the ground when entering or leaving a hill. I'd love to see others interpretation of my winch mount! Im excited for this weekend to try it out :)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
now thats thinkin thats alot better than red neck inguitity. i think that will be a nice setup guess well know after you test it, but overall nice clean job for some thing that shoulnt be there.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you dont mind doing it I'd love to see a parts list/write up on how you did it!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Tow-Ready/TR65850.html I meant to get this, I didn't trust the "1-2 months delivery" as stated, so I made my own using a receiver ball mount (
http://www.amazon.com/Draw-Tite-36061-Drawbar-Class-Frame/dp/B000E284DY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311741801&sr=8-1) and had it welded to the winch mounting plate.

I bought a 6" square receiver tube for a 1.25 hitch, 2 "u" bolts that fit over the receiver tube and 3' of c channel from home depot cut into 4 pieces.

I had 2 pieces of C channel welded to the square receiver tube. I then used the "U" bolts to secure the welded square tube to the bike, using C channel on the other side of the frame. I used double nuts to keep any nuts from backing off.

I had to cut the plastic grill out in front of the receiver tube so the ball mount could be inserted. I also drilled a new hole in the ball mount so I could secure it deeper in the receiver tube.

Oh, and I got an RT15 from www.4wheelonline.com http://4wheelonline.com/Products.aspx?CategoryId=167266&ProductId=5687 for 199.00. No communication but the product was delivered with no taxes or shipping and in a reasonable time.

I may make a better attempt at writing this up later but this is a start.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts