Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just bulid a trx700 with a 727 kit and +3 tb +1 valves head pp and 12.5.1 piston barkers I was wondering if a can beat a trx 450 with a 540 kit on it and full bolts on

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
A 540cc trx is in the neighbour of 65rwhp and 45 rwtq depending of the build and 120 pound lighter.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
15 tooth on a 727 will haul ass everywhere

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soo you mean that the trx700 with a big bore won't be it time to sell it then bcus big motor for nothing I guess

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I think you have a good chance at beating the 450r personally just wondering how much you weigh against your opponent and alot depends on who gets the holeshot.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Soo you mean that the trx700 with a big bore won't be it time to sell it then bcus big motor for nothing I guess

If you bought it to drag, then I would cash out before you put much more into it, but that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
drag race = power to weight and power is not peak # its avg hp/tq spread over long spread rpm.

power to weight is key 30 pds could = 5-6 hp easily 100pds can be 20+hp

its not all that hard to get 65-70hp out of a 540cc trx motor and they weight significantly less. factor in straight vs independent rear and drag/frictional loss of hp along with traction its a losing battle the xx is a trail bike not a drag machine

people drag race anything though including lawn mowers so it can be done lol and there will be some fast 540trx and some slow ones so some you may have a shot at some dont get your hopes up

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know it's not a good drag quad but we do a lot of trailing and then we hop on the streets I know the xx sucks for drag racing if you do it out of the hole but we do a lot of rolling races

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
600lb quad blowing the doors off a 300lb quad = awesome

Look on the other guys face = priceless

1 - 19 of 19 Posts