Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my liquid image goggles today and thought I'd give them a try. They were pretty much what I expected. Very comfortable and I sometimes forgot I was taking a video haha. I know a lot (mostly everyone) out there uses GoPro but I thought I'd see how these handle, you can make your opinions on how the video and sound compares to a GoPro, all in all I say it's a fairly satisfying purchase, plan on making quite a lot of videos with these things.

And I know I could've waited this fall for the 1080p goggles to come out but I couldn't! lol... Plus, I figured the 720 was enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drUkiymiuC8

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
how is it when water/mud splashes on them? do they scratch easy? I find I have been riding for 3 seasons now and am on my 4th set of goggles but I LOVE my Oakleys they are scratched but I cant see it when they are on and can still see thru the mud until we all stop!

I look forward to reading more about these.... thanks for the post!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Here's a pic of what the goggles look like... they also come in red.

roadkill

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how is it when water/mud splashes on them? do they scratch easy? I find I have been riding for 3 seasons now and am on my 4th set of goggles but I LOVE my Oakleys they are scratched but I cant see it when they are on and can still see thru the mud until we all stop!

I look forward to reading more about these.... thanks for the post!

The goggles do come with quite a lot of extra tear-off lenses. I haven't put them on yet but I think it'd be pretty sweet to be mudding and then just pull off the muddy lens and use a new one. So there's lots of opportunities to save the TRUE lens from being scratched with the tear-off lenses.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am putting them on my Christmas list but have 1 question, Where you wearing a helmet ?
My biggest worry is that the peak/visor and the chingaurd would also be in the vid.
Thanks for posting big time . :tup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am putting them on my Christmas list but have 1 question, Where you wearing a helmet ?
My biggest worry is that the peak/visor and the chingaurd would also be in the vid.
Thanks for posting big time . :tup:

That's what I was nervous with too when I bought them, I did wear my helmet but i moved the visor up just a little, not very much; thinking that you would see them in the video. I don't think I would've had to move it though.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah dirt wheels just done a write up on all 4 of the camera options they said the liquid didnt even come with tear offs and they modified theres to slip up a little to cover the camera lenses

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah dirt wheels just done a write up on all 4 of the camera options they said the liquid didnt even come with tear offs and they modified theres to slip up a little to cover the camera lenses

Well, My goggles did come with the tear-offs, about 5-8 or so. The camera lens itself? No they didn't come with them.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Well, My goggles did come with the tear-offs, about 5-8 or so. The camera lens itself? No they didn't come with them.
yeah they notched theres to slip up to cover the camera lense i think that may mess the focus up though

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Did the googles come with any software for uploading/editing? And it's nice you can ride right out of your driveway!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did the googles come with any software for uploading/editing? And it's nice you can ride right out of your driveway!

It came with a usb cable and cable to hook it up to your tv and watch videos, unfortunately my tv doesn't have the right hook-ups so I just upload them on my laptop and edit the videos with windows live movie maker.

And yeah it is nice, I live in a town with a population of 445 haha. Even the cop waves at me when I ride by him. He doesn't mind as long as you take it slow and stop where your supposed to. Pretty relaxed town for the most part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts