Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There having a couple of TT rounds here in the UK. I think it is just for fun as they are having a 4wd class.
What do you think and what would you do ?
I was going to take the 450r but it got me thinking about the 700xx for fun.:D

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
For fun?? Sure take the 700xx. For a serious race... 450r (TT race that is)

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers ace ! Here in the the UK first year trying something , It classed as fun . Second year , You gotta build a hybrid.
This is just for fun, but taking both xx and 450R . Just in case.:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Harold Goodman, who rides on our team was talking about the 700 and TT. Some of you may know he is a multiple time TT champion and knows more about this type of racing than most people. He was saying he thought it would be fun to setup and try the 700 for TT. I've always thought it would be really cool to see one setup for it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
445 Posts
Harold Goodman, who rides on our team was talking about the 700 and TT. Some of you may know he is a multiple time TT champion and knows more about this type of racing than most people. He was saying he thought it would be fun to setup and try the 700 for TT. I've always thought it would be really cool to see one setup for it.
A few years ago some guy turned up to a EU Supermoto event on a IRS Outlaw. He was untouchable to the point that the FIM received a proposal to have it banned. Comming out of corners it was so much faster than anything else.

I remember that one of the reasons they cited was that because it had IRS it handled differently and took different lines through the corners and that somehow was dangerous to other riders. It wasn't banned because the proposal was stupid but it's a pretty cool story.

Of course the XX is another beast and TT is not Supermoto but I would love to see some one have a serious go at it.

Linc

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't call it a serious attempt but with differant tires and shorter shocks , who knows.
Just for Dagirl71 the Go Pro of course !:D

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/quote]I am sure you will kick some arse...I can hear it now "whose that guy, whats his ride?" hehe[/quote]

More like "Look at that idoit , He's all over the place"
Reply "Yes but it looks cool"

I am expecting to get beat , but god help anybody behind me !
and theres always round 2
Round 1 is for fun. Now Josh, has got me thinking a little more on set up and spend a little more time and a little more money on the idea.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tyres ordered , I have gone for cheap and cheerful.
Kenda Speedracers 18x10x10 rear and
Kenda Speedracers 18.5x6x10 front.:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Be sure to post how this works out for u....We Ice race alot here in WI and was thinking about lowering and getting some sonic sway bars....just for fun

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was aiming for 6" clearance seems to be the norm for TT. Emailed Rath Racing and Sonic Racing and got no replies.
Sonic have a sway bar which you can change the torsion bar for differant kinds of racing, e.g MX,XC and TT.
I asked if this was availible for the 700xx and got no reply. If they build this for 700xx , Basically tell me the shipping costs.
Sent a lot emails on shocks and only got one reply which was from Works Performance and basically said "tell what you need and we'll build it".
They think like me and I love it !:D
PM you some pics when done USMC0861.:yay:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I was thinking alot about using this bike in the open class around here, especially after talking to the quad guys around here and their biggest problem seems to be keeping their SRA quads tires down to get their power to the ground exiting the corners. So IRS couldn't be a bad thing here right? Lowered and with a sway bar I would think that 700xx could do pretty well.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would do better than good ! Just need a stronger sway bar.
Contact Sonic Racing and see if they reply you.:D
Let me know.
For ice racing I would go lower than 6". Got a XC race on 7th March then going to measure up .
Trying to find maximun width and will find shock legnths etc.
I will let you know.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts