Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can we do it on our machines? My buddy has the Yamaha version of us and he can adjust most of the settings easily, all I want is my quad to be a softer ride...
Like the Raptor.

Something I can do or take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? come on guys....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do some tuning to the rears?

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Pre-load adjustable only on both ends. If yours doesn't have a lot of hours yet, I would wait as it will soften up a bit. If you weigh under 180, I could see it being VERY stiff.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I meant that both sets (front and rear) are pre-load adjustable only. You can soften them by "loosening" the nuts which will reduce the tension on the spring.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I am a big guy...
I am a 300lb guy, so I am not a 180 class... haha

·
Premium Member
553 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
back on topic... you can have precision concepts revale the rears but no one hear has had it done so not sure if any one can say if its worth it or not but it is 260 or 300 shiped to have this done and they claim a softer more adjustable shock

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I don't see how having it re-valved can make it more adjustable. It wont. Not to say it won't make the stocker a better shock though.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Then send them stockers in for a re-valve and tell us what you think!

·
Banned
711 Posts
f*ck no...... the revalve being about 320 ish shiped is crazy id rather spend an extra 700 bucks and get fox podiums on the rear

its simple every one that asks shock questions..... their is no way to make any thing about the oem shocks better and the revalve isnt worth the money for what you will get.

eaither buy after market shocks or deal with what the oem shocks have to offer their are no two ways around this

sorry

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey hawk, are you sure podiums are for the xx's rears? they seem pretty short. Enlighten me (little grasshopper here LOL)

·
Banned
711 Posts
in my emailing with jen from houser about rear houser arms and shocks ( both being prototypes eaither are ready for the public, which baffles me cause they are selling them yet they are not ready for the public )

here is what jen has to say

"
I spoke with my Fox guy yesterday and he said it is a dual coil small bodied podium shock (like the mini's) and both shocks retail for $995. This is for the stock set-up. We have not sent rears in for shock prototype. So this may be different after that.

We are an office so you can come and pick up parts here, but we don't have a show room or anything for you to tinker and look at stuff."

Jennifer Haley
Houser Racing
International Sales Consultant
173 Oak Street
Marion, OH 43302

Phone: 740-382-8100 ext. 102
Fax: 740-382-8199

·
Banned
711 Posts
f*ck no...... the revalve being about 320 ish shiped is crazy id rather spend an extra 700 bucks and get fox podiums on the rear

its simple every one that asks shock questions..... their is no way to make any thing about the oem shocks better and the revalve isnt worth the money for what you will get.

eaither buy after market shocks or deal with what the oem shocks have to offer their are no two ways around this

sorry
i dont wanna be so negitive...... if all you can afford is 320 for the rear revalve and maybe you can get diffrent springs up front or what ever.. i dont want to discurrage you, will you notice a diffrence.. simple... yes you will... will it be better then what the oems are... again absolutly yes it will be... the only reason i make the above statement is because i have a goal... and its to have fox on the front of my quad and on the rear

if this means a 3500 or 5000 dollar loan for arms and shocks on all corners then thats what iam going to have to do... my idea of a perfect trail riding machine starts with what i feel to be the best shocks i can personally afford

if your idea is the best you can afford and the most you can afford is the 320 valve job from precision concepts its going to make your ride a whole new world trust me.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.