Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone thought of using a turbo kit on the xx? I was wondering because we see all these turbo raptors and the kits they sell for them and i've never seen or even heard of one for the xx. I want to hear some opinions about the subject and if it is possible. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I remember an article in Dirtwheels where a US company built a turbo system for the Banshee. They showed up at "Competition Hill" with a stone stock Banshee + Turbo. They held there own and ended up selling 7 kits that day. Wish I could have seen that !!!!!!!!!!!!
They also built a kit for the 400ex. I wish I could remember the company's name. :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I think that guy needs a bigger garage!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That's alot of quad in a little bit of space

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
For a wide open race quad... perhaps. Correct me if I'm wrong here... Doesn't the turbo need to be spun up to build boost?

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nope! there are trail turbos that are more mellow, and then there are sand turbos. these take a stock rappy to 85hp-145hp. And when I say stock I mean that they don't even have an aftermarket exhaust. Jokers Vault Racing, Lucas English Racing and Xtreme motorworks are 3 companies with very good turbos. $3500 - $5000 for a kit.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yakahosu in Sweden is one of the manufacturers for the Rappy turbokits.. They have one XX in for a turboconversion now. I will get back when i´ll know more
Be sure to let us know...Maybe we could do a group buy to get the price down...:hey:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I dont know if that will work or not but I was hanging out with the English Racing guys this weekend at Glamis and they said it would be 3000-4000 for a turbo setup for the XX.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Lucas knows his stuff, he has even got a raptor to about 135hp with a completely stock engine with a turbo. This was just to see how much the stock motor could take, it lasted about a year of duning!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I dont know if that will work or not but I was hanging out with the English Racing guys this weekend at Glamis and they said it would be 3000-4000 for a turbo setup for the XX.
Lose the bottle and get some real hp will ya. :hey:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
im sorry the money on these is dumb i can buy a decent turbo kit for my mustang kit for less than these sorry its rediculous youve got a fourth the amount of tubing and plimbing. yeah i know the r&d and the tuning blah blah blah but to me its not worth it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts