Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out riding today and i ran into a turbo raptor 700r. i asked him to race then i noticed he had a turbo kit. needless to say he dusted me. he wasnt even tring. it happens.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Turbo Raptors are anywhere from 80 to 120 hp... so you were dead before you hit the water so to speak. Was it a trail turbo or duner?

·
Registered
538 Posts
pretty sad yamaha guys have to install a turbo just to beat the naturally aspirated xx.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Rappy, Mate I have seen turbo Raptors a lot higher than 120hp, Zac from Explosive Racing in Aus had one at over 145hp he then politly bought it over to the US and walked away with the 4 stroke wars. I have seen this quad in action and it has mindblowing acceleration.

·
Registered
734 Posts
pretty sad yamaha guys have to install a turbo just to beat the naturally aspirated xx.
:lmao: nope, there are quite abit more engine mods/parts for rappys than for the xx so can also beat you at drags. Also it can be cheaper to just slap a $3000 turbo than spending more by going into the engine.

@Overlord, yeah have seen English racing up to around 140 on his turbos but not for sale yet. The most amazing thing is that they do it on stock engines, no mods inside!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
90% of the turbo Raptors you will run across will be 80-120hp. Thats what rappyfreak was saying. You XX guys need to find out who the guinea pig will be on the first turbo XX.....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Rappy, mate I am talking about Expolsive Racing in Aus, Zac has had his kits for sale for about 2 years now anything from mild 70-80hp on stock motors through to right of the planet 145+HP monsters. Just Crazy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man if I lived in the US my 700xx would be the first Guinea Pig let me assure you.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
:lmao: nope, there are quite abit more engine mods/parts for rappys than for the xx so can also beat you at drags. Also it can be cheaper to just slap a $3000 turbo than spending more by going into the engine.

@Overlord, yeah have seen English racing up to around 140 on his turbos but not for sale yet. The most amazing thing is that they do it on stock engines, no mods inside!
and turbo/supercharger is the best way to get reliable hp out a ur engine....i think a turbo is better for dunes but a supercharger would be better for trails\mx...

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't have a turbo....come get some. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I don't have a turbo....come get some. :lmao:
lol come to my back yard buddy... btw u need at-least 7'' of ground clearance...lol thats how deep the ruts are untill i re plow it... :xx::xx::xx:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm confused. There are at least two members that have posted in this thread that ride raptors. Why are you guys members of a Honda forum? I'm fairly new and just wondering.

Btw I think that kind of horsepower on a 4 wheeler is insane! Maybe because I don't drag. Sounds kind of fun though. ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
btw i dont got a rappy

·
Registered
734 Posts
Gotcha Overlord, must be real arm rippers those. Gotta website for them?

Chris, I started hanging around this site because my best friend bought and xx and he doesn't understand english 100% so I wanted to help him out. I enjoy the community very much and that is why I stick around, even now that my friend sold his xx and has gone to Can Am Renegade.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Rappy, do a search for Explosive Racing, Zac's doing big things for such a small outfit. When he went to Glamis (I think thats how you spell it) and took out the 4 stroke wars. I was suppose to go but pulled out at the last minute cause I had some Passport problems and did not want to enter the States to be told to get on the next flight and go home.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yup, saw the vid now, that thing RIPS!!! Also looks like they were associated with Team Rocket Factory, they are pretty good too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ye Mate, I know Zac is very tight with Rocket, I think they paid his way to get out there and looked after him when he was in the states. Zac told me I missed out on some wicked parting not to mention the females you have over there you lucky buggers.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts