Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
It is all about the IRS. There are numerous threads on this, about the quad pushing thru turns and BODY roll. There are different things that help out, like a sway bar, different tires, shocks, this and that. So far, if you are looking for something that turns better, it looks like 8ton's sway bar is the best bang for your buck regarding the reviews. When you ride it more how it is though, you will be able to turn it a lot better. It will probably never be as easy as on a straight axle, but each has it's benefits.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Being a farmer, it depends on what kind of tractor as to where all the weight is. Anyway, not only do tractors have differentials (if 4x4 they even have 2), but they have brakes for each side. When someone plows their field, or your BackHoe guy is getting in a tight spot, they lock up say the left rear tire to turn left,and vice versa. They have bigger tires on the back more so for traction, that way if they get into some deep, and considering the differential is the lowest part on any tractor in the rear, bigger tires allow more ground clearance. Now some tractors have huge tires in the front as well, but those tractors articulate in the middle to steer, so your everyday tractor wouldn't be able to turn w/ big tires in the front considering they steer just like our quads. Also, the amount of degrees that you can turn the average tractor tire (side to side) I bet is probably another 15-20% more than it is on the XX. Just my 2 cents (and I grew up/ live on a farm).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.