Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
An aftermarket sway bar helps the push tremendously............but IMO the Honda engineers missed the boat on the turning radius. The sway bar will make the most for what youv'e got, but the bike will still turn way to wide for what it is.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
i have done it several times. i hacked them completely off on my first flat track racer, i loved the wicked countersteer.

there is plenty of material there, you just cant go too far or the inside of the front rims will hit the a arm during full lock. thats why i said a small amount at a time.

PS: it will be done on my 700xx too at some point.
I am gonna try this, cause the stock turning radius is a joke. Thanks!! Just gotta make sure the bars will clear the tank too.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Good luck but the sway bar does eliminate the front end push.
Yes, I have had a Sonic for a while now and love it. Not the push I am trying to fix now, just making the turning radius itself shorter.

I just went and looked and it won't be as easy as it seems. I didn't know what those goofy looking things on the back of the bottom a-arms were for until now. They appear to be a "rim slider" the way that they are positioned. With the stops at the stem where they are there isn't much clearance between the rim and the "rim slider" on the a-arms. I am afraid the geometery is what it is.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the stock turning radius is way to wide as compared to other sport quads? Just to clarify, I am not talking about push. My Rincon will turn a much tighter circle. I agree, sliding the rear end around fixes the problem when you can. Has anyone tried turning around on a country oil and chip road? Good thing it has reverse. Wet pavement is different as you can slide it around, but it don't like to do dry pavement donuts like a Banshee. I know they are not made for the road, but alot of places that we ride at, we ride to them. It isn't that big a problem, it just seems like they could have done better.

Not trying to hijack your thread hondatee, just seemed to be along the same topic.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think it is the tread pattern that helps the push. The tractor analogy might not exactly fit here. They are looking more at surface area, minimizing compaction like Baxter said. I have had the front end push on many a 2WD tractor, but not ever that I recall on a front wheel assist(with or without the front end kicked in). There again, you can argue that it is the pattern over the size. The open differential is also a important difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.