Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a twist throttle kit ,that uses more than 1/4 of a turn .
I have modified a 1/4 turn throttle and would like more twist for tight woods riding.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Which one are you using? I have heard good things about the Motion Pro. I like the idea/looks on the Terry Cable Dual Gasser myself.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came with the 700xx when I bought it. It looks like a motion pro but is black and cheaply made. I have motion pro on my 450r and it is great. The owner said it was a modified 450r throttle.

·
Registered
734 Posts
On Motion Pro´s website the one marked for the 700xx it says is the CR one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I run a Motion PRO and it's a long throw jobbie......hate the 1/4 turn ones. My bro has a Magura throttle with a Motion PRO cable and he can adjust his......he loves it.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I have the CR one and is about 1/2 turn from idle to full which is just perfect for me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Be scared

I had a Motion Pro twist on my 700xx. The scarry part is if you lose your balance backwards and reach to grab up you will peg the throttle and be out of control at high speed. Not like a 2 wheeler and you just slide off the back. The rear fenders will hold you on. I know, I have a new rod from my knee to ankle. I broke my tibula and fibula. I almost lost my leg so be a little cautious. I have went back to the thumb throttle. A year later and only comfortable walking and riding.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a friend that did both. 12months and still not perfect. Get well soon . Be patient and do not rush things. It takes time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts