Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
I installed a Motion Pro twist on both my 700XX's. I removed the fenders and tank just to make it easier. You might be able to install it without removing everything, but I would think getting to the cover on the throttle body would be kind of difficult. I would rather remove everything to see what you are doing, then try to do it by feel and install something wrong.

Twist vs thumb is and endless debate, just depends on what your are comfortable with. I can't stand thumb throttles, twist all the way for me. If i had to use a thumb throttle, I would quit riding!

Doug

· Registered
672 Posts
I didn't remove the throttle body either, but I did loosen the clamps on both ends and was able to rotate it some for access, made install a little easier.

Don't know a David Bergstrom. I have lived in the southwest all my life. California the first few years, then have lived in Nevada for the last 30 or so. I did have an uncle though that spent some time in Texas (His name is Ed Bergstrom.) and I know he has a couple of sons, but I don't know if the sons ever lived in Texas with him. My uncle never stayed in one place to long, I haven't even seen him myself in over 20 years or so, my dad just gets a phone call or post card from him every now and then. I will ask my Dad the next time I talk to him, see if he knows a David.

Doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.