Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that are using a twist throttle like the Motion Pro, what its like to ride with a twist ón this quad. And what do you think of the quality of the product?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
A couple of my friend use twists throttles, but they don't have a 700xx... They seem to like the twist, but not for me... too much like having a loose hand grip (uneasy feeling/feels un-secure/not solid)... But, that's my take on the twist throttle.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I dont know about the ones for the XX but the YFZ450 I had before had one on it when I bought it. It was a Pro Motion one. It was pretty poorly made. Very cheap plastic through the whole thing. It cracked through the main body of it. As for the twist motion itself, I didnt like it at all. In the rough stuff it made for a jerky throttle control. I got rid of it right away and put a thumb throttle back on

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have a dual gasser on mine, meaning it is both a thumb and a twist. I don't use the thumb at all, but got one in case other people ride it. It is all about preference. I grew up racing dirtbikes and stuff, and know how to handle the "loose grip" feeling Roadkill is talking about. I've learned to hold on with my knees and stuff a long time ago, you'd see when I ride I use my legs to hold onto the quad. Anyway, I like it a lot. I've had motionpro on the 450's, and they work alright too. All the ones you will find will be plastic, and will turn a little bit before you actually get to the gas, no matter how tight you try to make it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a Motion Pro twist throttle on every quad in my garage, I feel they are a quality product. I had one break, but that was because the quad flipped at speed and landed upside down on the bars, can't blame the throttle itself for that one.

Using a twist is very rider specific, if you have never used one on a quad, I wouldn't recomend one. Like crwh45, I have always ridden dirtbikes, so a twist is natural to me. If I had to ride with a thumb throttle, I would quit riding, that is how much I hate them.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
As Doug and Chuck stated; I've been riding bikes since I was a kid and am used to twist throttle and would never go to a thumb throttle but again it's all on what you are experience with. I've done lots of trail riding and beside one or two times due to sharp turns, it never bother me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also have a Motion Pro the previous owner actually put it on. Both the thump and the twist are there but I def prefer the twist. I think it's my favorite mod on my quad. I have had dirtbikes, quads, and streetbikes, but I really feel at home with the twist.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
A couple of my friend use twists throttles, but they don't have a 700xx... They seem to like the twist, but not for me... too much like having a loose hand grip (uneasy feeling/feels un-secure/not solid)... But, that's my take on the twist throttle.

roadkill
I feel the opposite to this . I tried a Can am DS450 with thumb throttle and hated it. Coming from dirtbikes I always use a twister. The Motion Pro is better quality than the Streamline one. Tried both , the cable on the Streamline was junk.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the Motion Pro Twist I prefer it to a thumb but it is a personal preference. Almost 2 years and a couple hundred hours on it no problems.

·
Registered
99 Posts
when I first rode the quad I thought the twist throttle might have a delayed response but it proved me wrong it doesn't affect my riding at all it makes it better i think

·
Registered
33 Posts
twist

I grew up riding utility quads and the thumb was fine on them where there is not as much power on tap and you don't really have to hold on . Ive also had many dirt and street bikes with twist and once you get used to them you will never go back . I feel that fast bikes and this quad where you are frequently sitting / standing and aggressively riding with a clutch , having the throttle right on the grip where your holding gave me more control. Do you see any dirt bikes switching to thumb throttles ? and here in Canada my thumb stays way warmer with the twist . lots of guys that haven't had bikes can't stand them . I feel my motion pro was a big improvement on my 700.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you guys for your input,
i have just ordered myself a Motion Pro. I have to try it out and see if a twist is something for me, i also imagine that i will have more controll of the quad.
And i couldnt just order one thing that was going to be shipped all the way over the Atlantic so i also ordered me a couple of ASV levers.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ASV levers are a great investment ive had them on multiple streetbikes....and they look good :hey:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Twist

Hello again.

Another question in this thread, what i didnt know when i ordered the twist throttle was that the throttle tube was a bit shorter than the stock grip. I have quite big hands so this is a problem for me now. :mad:
I did love the stock grips because of the length of them.

Motion Pro doesnt have longer tubes, is there anyone here that have had the same problem and found a solution for it like a longer tube that fits?

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.