Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Twist Trottle

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Powerwon 
#1 ·
Do any of you guys have a twist trottle? I am thinking of getting one. Any time I ride for extended periods my thumb gets soar. I have alot of riding time on Dirt Bikes, so the twist trottle sound like it should work for me. I have read that other don't like it, but I wonder if its because they just don't have any experience riding with a twist. What are your thoughts.

#2 ·
I have a twist, I love it. I would never have another quad with a thumb throttle. I grew up riding dirt bikes, so it seems natural to me. I am sure there are others that will disagree, really a matter of preference. If you do a search on this site you will find more threads on this subject.

#3 ·
I don't have a twist... Tried my friend's quad with a twist and it didn't feel natural to me. But then, I didn't come from a dirt bike background.
So if you come from a dirt bike background, the twist may feel more natural for you. In the end, it will always come down to what feels right for you.

roadkill

#4 ·
I have a dual gasser throttle, w/ both thumb and twist. Thumb for when/if others ride. But I love twist. Only problem is just like on a dirtbike, when you get really fatigued and you hit a bump, it's hard to control it LOL.

#7 ·
I have a dual gasser throttle, w/ both thumb and twist. Thumb for when/if others ride. But I love twist. Only problem is just like on a dirtbike, when you get really fatigued and you hit a bump, it's hard to control it LOL.
I am the same , I put about 1/4" freeplay on the twist throttle to stop this.
I also come from a dirtbike up bringing , could not get used to the thumb throttle.

#8 ·
may be a dumb question, but how are you running a twist AND thumb throttle? I like this idea.

Edit: never mind, i just noticed you said dual gasser. I didnt realize that was the company.

#9 ·
I do not like the way the thumb throttle is so touchy on the 700. I thought I would get used it but... I bought a twist throttle kit from Cabelas which was a mistake. I never could get it installed right. Finally returned it and want to try one from Motion Pro or will take a look at the Dual Gasser you speak of. Can you tell twist throttle is any stiffer than the thumb? Or can it be adjusted? It just seems that the thumb one is so touchy I am always blipping it on the rough stuff. Any ideas on stiffening up the stocker would also be appreciated.

#11 ·
I just replaced streamline twist throttle and rode my xx for the first time today. I rode on a track so it was a significant difference considering the jumps and turns. First impressions are that I like it although it will take a little more time to get used to.

My background is equal twist (dirt/street) and thumb, but in the end it comes down to which feel you prefer on your bike.

BTW, I am pleased with all my streamline products....great company!

#12 ·
To each his/her own......but I can't see why anyone would want a twist on a quad.... great for bikes but not for quads, of course I come from a 3 wheeler background.

#13 ·
what you talking bout mr. yamadog my tri-z has a twist on it.haha

#15 ·
I started on a quad real early and was really used to the thumb throttle. I got into bikes alot as well, including dirt bikes and crotch rockets, but I def prefer the twist throttle. I have the thumb and twist on my quad. The thumb hardly gets used.

#17 ·
You have a link, to where you purchased?

#19 ·
I started this thread, I purchased the duel gasser, and took it out today at the MX race track! I am so glad I did this modification. Its takes a little time to get use to it, but all in all it works great for me. No problem at all in turnes. The big woops can get your attention though. some how I miss timed a section of whoops and lost my ballance and gassed it into a wheel stand. I am sure the result would have been different with a thumb trottle. Its a great modification, but it will take a little time to master it. My thumb feels great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.