Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the db output of a two bros exhaust? Ive checked on HMF and FMF, but its hard to find info on the Two Bros. Im just looking for a good, loud slip on thats dependable.

any info will be appreciated
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The two bros is loud, you can get the Motoworks SR4 with a core silencer which is what I have and it's not as loud and perform as good but don't forget that you will also need a tuner; either a Dobeck or PCIII or PCV. The Barker exhaust sounds real nice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know the db's, i love my Two Brothers exhaust. It sounds great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the two bros exhaust on my bike now. I am an ex-patrol deputy (now detective!!) and I have a decibel meter from when I worked on the road. The TwoBros is LOUD!! It was a smoking 105.7dB on the meter. I have installed the P1X tip and it knocked it down to 97.3dB. It's a huge difference when it comes to riding around homes and camp sites. I have had no issues with riding at the local places around where I live. My TwoBros exhaust is powdercoated black...I have a thread with photos a few lines down from here actually. And its for sale!!

Chance

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I have the two bros exhaust on my bike now. I am an ex-patrol deputy (now detective!!) and I have a decibel meter from when I worked on the road. The TwoBros is LOUD!! It was a smoking 105.7dB on the meter. I have installed the P1X tip and it knocked it down to 97.3dB. It's a huge difference when it comes to riding around homes and camp sites. I have had no issues with riding at the local places around where I live. My TwoBros exhaust is powdercoated black...I have a thread with photos a few lines down from here actually. And its for sale!!

Chance
Chance,
That P1X is not good for our bike, it'll create too much back pressure, this is what I was told by their technicians and not the salesman. Had one of those and removed it once the tech told me of the back pressure issue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh good. I just realized that i have the PX tip. Thats the one that allows you to still run the spark arrestor. I know that the P1X has a tube that runs into the bore of the pipe, and has what appears to have some type of restrictor plate. The on I have in it now is just flat...I'm not sure how it makes it any quieter, but it does. I doesn't seem to have any effects on the performance. And after checking the plug, all seems well, it's just running pretty rich. Dyno tune is in the making, I just have to schedule.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My mistake, I have the P1 tip. Do you have any idea if this tip has any adverse effects on the bike as well...or was it just the long P1X with the long tube sticking out into the muffler??

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Chance,
That P1X is not good for our bike, it'll create too much back pressure, this is what I was told by their technicians and not the salesman. Had one of those and removed it once the tech told me of the back pressure issue.
I wouldn't take that too seriously, I don't think any aftermarket exhaust is more restrictive than the stock one. It may not make as much power with the tip compared to without but I'd put good money on the 2bros with any tip flowing better than stock.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I wouldn't take that too seriously, I don't think any aftermarket exhaust is more restrictive than the stock one. It may not make as much power with the tip compared to without but I'd put good money on the 2bros with any tip flowing better than stock.
If I was you "Chance" I would check with 2Bros which I did when I had mine, they are the ones whom built it so they know more.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Is the tip universal to all 2bros pipes or is it made specifically to be used with the XX?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah thanks guys. There's a lot of info and opinions on these forums, it's hard to say what is good stuff and bogus. I am going to be getting rid of the Two Bros Exhaust pretty soon. I'm not sure what I'm going to go with. I would like to get hold of that exhaust Wayne Matlock has on his bike....

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! That's a sweet one also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is that what he runs on his bike? The outlet is huge. It doesn't seem like there would be much room for packing! I'm just not sure what exhaust I'm going to go with. Suggestions?????

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Is that what he runs on his bike? The outlet is huge. It doesn't seem like there would be much room for packing! I'm just not sure what exhaust I'm going to go with. Suggestions?????
Chance

If you have the P1 then you are ok, just check with 2Bros. From what I can see on the site, there are allot of people that are using the FMF. I had the motoworks SR4 and really like it but did replace it because I wanted my Supertrapp exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I use the FMF PowerCore 4 w/header and love it. All bolted right up with no issues and has held up perfectly.

Nash, IS the P1X a universal tip for all 2bros canisters?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
From what the tech stated, they P1 thru P4 are all universal but the P1 is made for our size of engine.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
This is the response I received from 2Bros;
I would not recommend a P3 or P4 for the 700xx as they are too restrictive. The P1 is the only silencer I would recommend. Here is my opinion:

P3 : 250cc and under
P4: 250cc - 450cc
P1: Anything above 600cc
P1-R: Liter bikes with dual canisters.

Otherwise there is too much restriction and all the addition backpressure and heat creation could malfunction the system

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Whats the P1X tip you initially posted about?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
My mistake about stating P1X, knew mine was P1 but thought when Chance stated that he had a P1X, it was the same one just different lettering then Chance realized that he had a P1 and not P1X. They do have a P1X but we were talking about the P1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts