Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have owned my 700 for two weeks and i am ticked! riding around the yard today and clutch went out! have been doing normal riding and a few trails since i have owned it, nothing crazy, and i know how to ride. dealer was closed today and im glad, because i might have told them where they can stick it! i love this quad, and really enjoy the ride......is this normal?

·
Registered
538 Posts
nah, prob manufacturers defect, ive had clutches last 8+ years in quads

is honda taking care of you?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ok i have owned my 700 for two weeks and i am ticked! riding around the yard today and clutch went out! have been doing normal riding and a few trails since i have owned it, nothing crazy, and i know how to ride. dealer was closed today and im glad, because i might have told them where they can stick it! i love this quad, and really enjoy the ride......is this normal?
I wouldn't say it's normal but it does seem to happen alot to new users of the XX.

General consensus is that they aren't adjusted correctly from the factory. I dont know if this is a Honda or a dealer issue.

Linc

·
Registered
667 Posts
could you feel it slipping under acceleration before it went?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
i think hes confused with the raptor forums, this type of thing is not normal with a Honda
So with this one, that makes four reported issues that I could find:

blown clutch!!!
Brand New On Wed, 1 Hour Sat & Wont Move Help
I knew something was wrong...

So that makes a 0.546448087431694% failure rate among members reporting this issue from this site. (4 out of 732)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
check the play in the lever after u pick it up isnt there a post that says this?

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
2-3-4 a lot? (too lazy to search)

"alot"......OK bit of an exageration.

So in your infinate wisdom what happened?.......what can he do?

If you can't help then you are the problem........or is your wisdom "do a search" ?

IMO there is an issue with the XX clutch; it is a little weak.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally Posted by scuzz
2-3-4 a lot? (too lazy to search)

If you can't help then you are the problem........or is your wisdom "do a search" ?

We seem a bit cranky today......

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

Easy tiger, never claimed to be infinite in wisdom. If so I assure you I wouldn't be casting those pearls on a clutch thread. What can he do? Yep, not a mechanic either so I would say "bring it to a mechanic". I try to keep my replied (when I'm not obviously joking) factual and try not to take swags at it.

...and yes I did a search...there were only 4 members (ok maybe 5 with Wayne Matlock calling it "week") reporting this problem, so saying that a little over a half a percent of it being posted here was an extreme exaggeration.

It's like saying Australia is little island.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
but Australia is a little island.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im taking it to my dealer tommorow to see what they say. my best friend is the head mechanic up there and he told me today, that as long as me and him have been riding (years) i have ridden every one of his quads and never tore anything up, that he knows its not my fault, but honda is iffy with clutch replacements

·
Registered
211 Posts
So that makes a 0.546448087431694% failure rate among members reporting this issue from this site. (4 out of 732)
If my equipment runs 4 bad parts out of 732, I'm pissed. In quality control, 1/2 percent is actually pretty high.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts