Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I try to help out and being an outsider. I put it to you , Most think my ideas are whacky and I respect that and most of the R&D comes from the Baja guys and I am grateful that they do this . Most guys in this forum are weekend warriors and some would like to race the T-ReXX.
What would be the ultimate 700xx for XC.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My guess would be it would need to: turn on a dime, maintain stock width while increasing wheel travel, relocate reverse lever to handle bar,splash protection to keep the mud off controls, full chassis protection, plenty of power on tap and tires to provide the traction based on track conditions.
Did I Win?:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
I dont think the extra .75 per side with the Houser A arms would hurt on the trails... I ride some tight areas and my fat butt can always squeeze though with more then the 1.5in...

For the XC:
Handling is key... a nicer suspension, a steering stabilizer, better tires, and new pads.
Then play with power...

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it to turn on a dime. going 1.5" wouldn't hurt. Stabilizer fitted. Decent rear suspension , Elka's on front. Kenda's allround and pads changed at 50% wear, Working on reverse lever on bars. Pro Armor skid plates , nerfs, sport handguards and front Bumper.
Engine power would not be a problem on this forum as there are a few guy's, I could ask for help.
Anything else.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Weight...

Im a experienced Aircraft Mechanic with a few years experience working with Composites....i had a few ideas floating in my head, But first i need a frame to experiment with.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What components are you thinking it would be possible to go composite with?
Would you do CAD to design them? I find that sort of thing very interesting. Shame I don't have enough high school left to take a CAD class....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well the program i had in mind was solid works. Not only its a CAD but you can stress test parts also to find where the weakness is.

Now what sparked this idea was when wayne said the engineers designed the frame to flex. over time the metal would fatigue and crack. But say i made certain areas out of carbon fiber, not thin like a skin panel, but thicker. I have seen Carbon fiber wing spars take tens of thousands of flight hours of abuse with no cracking. Crashed planes where all that was left was the spars.

bottom line yes it would be expensive...but lighter. Skid plates on the frame would do the protecting since carbon fiber is weak at delamination from sharp objects (rocks) hitting it at high speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts