Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I have read alot on this site about tire sizes and i can't seem to grasp how you lose "push" when you put 23" razr2 on front and 22 rear on the xx.. i kinda see that it might be just because now the front sits in the air more than the back.. ok got that.. now does your push get worse if you keep a bigger tire on the back than on the front is my question?

·
Registered
51 Posts
that seams backwards to me you would think that putting smaller tires on the front wouldtransfer more weight to the front but thats just my thought

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I agree with Z400. I run 22's all the way around and just learned how to ride the machine. If you put smaller tires on the front, you will have more weight on the front, therefore IMO (along w/ the matlock racing team when they stated the reason they don't use bar risers) you'd have more weight in the front due to the quads geometry. Thus, making it easier to turn.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
also bigger the tire get better traction u get

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, but I still done get why a whole bunch of people on this site always say they have way less push when most of the time they all run a bigger tire on the front than the back?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
This is the way I see it, and has helped... With the 23 up front, you get more traction. The front end sits a little higher. Now, think of it as a drag car... Tiny wheels up front, huge tires in the back. Those cars can't steer for shit! They're not meant to. All their traction is in that huge tire in the back. If they were to put a bigger tire in the front, their front end would be able to move more, reducing the push effect... and yes, I run 23 Razr's

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i get it now, but i think i might just get 25" all the way around cuz i don't race or anything but it will still do jumps and race when i want it to, this way i got the best of both worlds, nice race quad that will go and hit a 10' jump and also go muddin in a huge hole and on the trails.. so i will not have as much of a push effect since they are all the same then right? other wise i might try to get 24s in the rear and 25s in the front and still look a little racy:hey:

·
Registered
437 Posts
25s are huge...24s will hit heal gaurds when suspension is worked....you already have good clearance....i wouldn't personally go larger than 23's I use 22's and have no issues....all about throttle control

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, but these bikes look decent with 25s all the wya around, and i plan on getting prm side bar nerf bars and the won't hit them at all. But to get this bad boy movin I'm gonna leave the stock sprocket on and do motor work to get some more power outs it. In reality it should been pumpin out more power for it's size anyway..

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I know, but these bikes look decent with 25s all the wya around, and i plan on getting prm side bar nerf bars and the won't hit them at all. But to get this bad boy movin I'm gonna leave the stock sprocket on and do motor work to get some more power outs it. In reality it should been pumpin out more power for it's size anyway..
Our quad does put out good power even in stock form... except that the gearing is too high. You might consider a 13t front sprocket @ under $30.00 to wake up the power that's already there... before you go into the motor and spend that kinda money. Also think Big 3 and leave motor alone.
Try starting out in 3rd gear and that's what it'd be like with 25's in back even with motor work. Too high gearing made even higher... all top end and no low end... zero torque @ low speed. JMO

roadkill

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya, but since i do alot of trail riddin i want to get the auto clutch i red about somewhere... but ni don't want to lose and speed and im, not goin down a sprocket. i would rather do motor work than get big 3 for almost the same price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but thanks for your opinion

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ya, but since i do alot of trail riddin i want to get the auto clutch i red about somewhere... but ni don't want to lose and speed and im, not goin down a sprocket. i would rather do motor work than get big 3 for almost the same price.
what kind of motor work? taping in to the engine (done right) will run you anywhere from $1000-3000. also in order to get the full hp out of the motor you have to have the big 3 for air flow and tuning. since your trail riding i would look into the itp mudlights think their 24's. as far as gearing 13t you lose maybe 2-3mph torque is so much more important for trail riding than top end. personaly i dont care if you pass me in the end cause ive been leading the rest of the time.lol it will also help with stalling issuse at lower speed I.E. trail riding hope this helps

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx, but today I just decided I'm gonna put 22x12x10 bear claws on an I plan on gettin an auto clutch to fix my trail riding issues, I think I will do motor work some other time an maybe go with the big 3 or just other stuff that would make up the same stuff as a big 3.. I was goin to put a stage 3 cam in and 12.5:1 compression piston in to, but I will later after a filter, programer and an exhaust.. But this is way in the long runn... But I still like to keep a top speed because I am a 15 year tennager and I wan SPEED! I always have to be faster than my friends. ;). Butost of them can't keep up with me nor go on the trails I do cuz they get stuck, so I'm a teen and I will learn most of this all the the hard way. ;). Ahahaahh

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I plan on gettin an auto clutch to fix my trail riding issues
just curious theres nothing wrong with getting an auto clutch at all but what issues is it going to fix? having a clutch is way more fun imo. wouldnt want to see you spend the money on something and its not really what you want.(been there done that)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I mean like, this way I won't have to use my clut in the trails, but when I just racin around, I won't be able to help but use my clutch, it's still goin to be there just don't have to use it if I don't feel like it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I should refraze it. It's more like a semi-auto clutch. Like the old utility quads are, you can stop in any gear when you let off te gas, so if I have one of this it's easyer than burning up my clutch on the trails... And it doesn't eliminate the manual clutch either, you can still pull in the clutch and not go anywhere, I would use the clutch almost all of the time except when I'm in the trails or stuff thy I kinda need to go really slow for.. So I think it would e nice to me and for what I do

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I road my trike, ATC250SX

·
Registered
199 Posts
The clutch you are refering to is a "sport clutch" found on the 250ex. Trust me. THEY SUCK! MY wife and my son both have them. my wifes is a 07, my son's a 08. I have replaced both clutches allready. And they are not cheap. $650 materials. I put them in myself because the dealership wanted an additional $500 to install.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts