Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I've put back my rear 11'' wheels and kept the wider front Itp 3+2 offset rims with 22-7-10 I had. Also I screwed the front shock a 1/4 inch and the rear shocks a 7/16 inch. So I tried it and made a huge difference for me:hey:

So my :
front end is 47.5 inch wide
rear end is 46 inch wide

It looks like this bike like to be wider in the front!:D

FYI I weight 160lbs.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I did the same thing and got the same results....also with the houser A-arms turned my bike into a whole different beast.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i fliped my front tires around....worked for me

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Width?

I did the same thing and got the same results....also with the houser A-arms turned my bike into a whole different beast.
What is your real front and rear width now with your set-up?

I have read an article about solid axle bike and they said that if the rear is narrower it tends to be more prone to slide and this not they want but for an irs bike it change the things positively.:yay:

·
Registered
425 Posts
What is your real front and rear width now with your set-up?

I have read an article about solid axle bike and they said that if the rear is narrower it tends to be more prone to slide and this not they want but for an irs bike it change the things positively.:yay:
my fronts are now 3+2. Yes it makes the bike wider, but with the added camber up front also i was able to go into corners much faster. I can turn good on dunes , Had video..but my friend the camera operator did not operate the camera very good. Plus the 3+2 fronts helped with the 4+3 rear paddles.

Everywhere i ride and all the things i do i felt that front offset was best for me. and so far it is.

Also note that i got the Sonic rear sway too..that too eliminated most of the front push.

Now i have said before on this forum that people need to throw out this thinking quad suspension and think Car. The SRA is a Oversteer generator...yes its fun to whip the back around...but can also be dangerous.

Options like Rear sway bars, Tire offsets, Tires and Spring rates/dampening...now allow you to tune the bike the way you want it.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anything to give your front end more turning leverage over the rear will help. Reversing the wheels will help but it will also create more arm fatigue as the wheels will also have more leverage on your handlebars.

You're right Scuzz! Reversing the wheels affect the turning reaction.Look at the can-am ds450 how they engineered the front spindles

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Today I've put back my rear 11'' wheels and kept the wider front Itp 3+2 offset rims with 22-7-10 I had. Also I screwed the front shock a 1/4 inch and the rear shocks a 7/16 inch. So I tried it and made a huge difference for me:hey:

So my :
front end is 47.5 inch wide
rear end is 46 inch wide

It looks like this bike like to be wider in the front!:D

FYI I weight 160lbs.
I am abit confused so bare with me . You are running 3+2 front rims on the front , is that 3" outside offset and 2" inside ?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am abit confused so bare with me . You are running 3+2 front rims on the front , is that 3" outside offset and 2" inside ?

3:2 Offset - This offset is 3 inches inside and 2 inches out side. This is the most common offset and easiest to find.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
So you had 3+2 front rims and was running the 10" ITP's and changed back to the 11" stock rears. Are you running stock front shocks ?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you had 3+2 front rims and was running the 10" ITP's and changed back to the 11" stock rears. Are you running stock front shocks ?
Yes, I know these are too soft, in hard driving condition they bottom out badly . Looking for a set of Elka's Elite with front long travel. The rear 10'' itp's rim make it too wide for my taste.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts