Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im new to the double x and i freakink love this bike!! I also have a 440ex and i love how it will turn on a dime and that is my only beef with the xx. It still is the best quad that ive ever ridden but i was wondering what ru guys doin to help with the understeering probs?? i see 1 guy is putting spacers in the front tires 2 help but i was wondering if any of u guys hav any other tricks that ur using?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the site, Where are you in PA? A lot of the guys here are going with taller tires on the front and they say that it makes a huge difference. I`m still bone stock and fighting the same pushing condition you are but I`m working on building my dream home and that is where all my money is going. As soon as I can, I`m going with Maxxis (cheng shin) Razr 2 tires. Keep reading, alot of the guys on here swear by them. You will find all your answers here. Incredible group of people live on this site

·
Registered
551 Posts
:stupid: The razr's will make all the difference, I perfer the 2's over the originals the knobs are taller. But u cant get 2's for the rear:cry: so I have the originals for the rear and they also make a huge difference in handleing. Some ppl on here have the sonic sway-bar system and say its the best mod there is, but I cant afford that so i dont know.:disgust: Hope this helps!:tup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oh yea I adjusted my pre-load on my springs, (cause they were all the way soft) that helped out tons, didnt hurt the softness of the suspension at all. I went bout half way on the threads. Now she handles even better!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks 4 the info guys, so u think that the 22x10x11 RAZR REAR and the 23x7x10 RAZR2 FRONT will be a good setup to help with the understeer problems?? And if any of u guys would recomend a better size tires for the understeer prob than what i hav listed let me know. Thanx

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nope thats bout all u can do far as tires u wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, where are you in pa, I`m looking for some riding buddies that can keep up lol..

i live in northern pa by DuBois but u have prob never heard of it were just som good ol country folk up hereee!! LOL but i was out ridin 2day really for the 1st real long ride yet on the 700 and i cant beleive the shear power of this damn thang, and the way she just floats off of jumps!! its almost like i never left the ground--till i look down and realize that im flying lol, but back to the point the only thing thats driving me crazy is that darn understeer, i just cant stand having to try 2 turn alil bit then back up and so on & so on . i just wanted 2 make sure that thoes size tires will really solve the prob be4 i spend 400 on new tires when my stock ones only have bout 9hrs on them??

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Even with the Razr 2 fronts it will push/plow at low speeds. That is the nature of any machine with IRS. But the Razr 2 will make a HUGE difference in handling/cornering, especially at higher speeds. The stock tires are really soft and they roll really bad in corners. The Razrs are definitely worth the $, in fact I believe the consesus here is that the Razr rear/Razr 2 fronts is the single best upgrade you can do for the money. As far as spacers in the front, I say no way. That only increases the load on the already soft front shocks and will affect handling in a bad way.

·
Registered
551 Posts
True that xx-rated the BEST MOD HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
The razr combo above helped alot with the push at high/med speeds...while the sonic sway i got helped alot with the low speed push. Because it does stiff up the rear a bit, but does not cancel out the IRS.

if yah was in vegas i would let yah ride it to see for yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im booking my plane ticket 2 vegas right now!!LOL thanks 4 the offer:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
The razr combo above helped alot with the push at high/med speeds...while the sonic sway i got helped alot with the low speed push. Because it does stiff up the rear a bit, but does not cancel out the IRS.

if yah was in vegas i would let yah ride it to see for yourself.
Is this offer open to us all, could do with a vacation ha ha!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just tap the throttle and powerslide..

i dont know bout ur XX but mine dont wana power slide with the stock tires on it!! It just wants to dig in:confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will be in Vegas in November for the Sema Show. I might have to give you a call.

Stock tires are very soft and they get great traction but suck for cornering. The Razr rears are a huge improvement for power slides. Did I say huge? lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whats up with you guys,,,, does no one like the itp tyres ???? I love them my bike does huge power slides and all you got to do is transfer the weight on the pegs and you powering straight again,,,, I have razer fronts with spacers works great!!! tap the front breaks and you can turn the bike instantly

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Whats up with you guys,,,, does no one like the itp tyres ???? I love them my bike does huge power slides and all you got to do is transfer the weight on the pegs and you powering straight again,,,, I have razer fronts with spacers works great!!! tap the front breaks and you can turn the bike instantly
I like ITP tires, that is all I ever had on my Raptor. But ITP has FOOLISHLY refused to make tires specifically for the XX and the stock 11" rim, so screw them! The Razrs are SUUUU-WEEET!

·
Registered
4 Posts
ITP XCT vs. Maxxis Razrs

I'm brand new to the forum and have noticed most people comment favorably on the Maxxis's but not much mention of the ITP XCT tires. I was wondering how they compare to the Maxxis's? Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.