Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
But all those I listed fit an 11" wheel.
I'm not trying to say that the Maxxis isn't the best choice, just stating that there are other choices. The best choice for one person might not be the best choice for another.
Sure they fit but they're all utility tires. There is no other sport tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
man thanks for the info 700xx crazy. I just bought my 700xx and love the power and jumps are awesome this thing flies great!!! But turns like a dump truck. Its still one of the best quads i have rode hands down.. I was wondering did you adjust preload on the front springs only or rear too. i plan on ordering razr 2's for the front and saving my stock tires for the ice screws this winter. River riding is huge in Iowa all winter, and trail riding the rest of the year thanks again for the help!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
do any of you run the sonic sway bars? if so do u run front and rear or just front or just rear? also did u notice a difference thats worth 1k+? i like to slide corners. i guess i shouldnt have got irs lol my front end does push alot im still on stock tires, also with the sonice bars do you lose your irs feel in the rear?

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have the rear it is great and you do not lose the independent feel but it does stiffen up the rear end quit a bit for someone as lite as i am (135LBS) but maby with someone a little heavier then me might not be as bad
As for slideing around a corner it still require some different body laguage then the strait axl

·
Registered
445 Posts
........just thinking out aloud here. We all seem to agree that the understeer issue is because of the extreme traction the IRS provides. So the issue is how do we get more front OR less rear traction........the answer is there are many ways to acheive this.

One idea I had was to simply make the rear tires harder.......pump them up to 10psi.

As you all know we run pretty low pressures and the tires squat and flex with the terrain we ride creating a large contact patch with the ground. If we reduce that contact patch by upping our tire pressure you may be able to kick the rear end out easier.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
118 Posts
thanks for the info. i think imma try the tire pressure first i didnt even think about that lol.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well also the small preload adjustment on the rear helps a tad.
But yes understeer is caused by the rear traction being greater then the front.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
As it is with any IRS machine.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I know mine is not the normal 700xx front end setup. Would somebody try 6mm toe-in and let me know the results ?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I know mine is not the normal 700xx front end setup. Would somebody try 6mm toe-in and let me know the results ?
I've been running 1/4 inch ( or 6.4mm for you) total toe-in and feel it really didn't make much difference for me and I am thinking of trying to double that. Unfortunatly I haven't gotten to many chances to ride lately:disgust: and don't see any chance of that changing soon, so it maybe awhile before I give it a try.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am thinking if there was a way to adjust the rear suspension to have toe out that would help the rear end to want to oversteer, to a point.
Baxter! design something! :D

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.