Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read a 250r filter would work on the xx and also a 450r filter, with my efi modual comming tuesday i would like to get this figured out.

i walk into the atv store and grab a _______(fill in the blank )___ uni filter

do i need to get any adapter ring or ???

·
Registered
333 Posts
when i got mine (from my local honda dealer) i walked in and asked for a uni foam filter for the xx and they ordered one and it fit. came with the removeable inner cage and hose clamp. and the pciii is now nicely tucked into a ziploc bag.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I also used an exacto knife to trim the breather tube back off the foam. The first time I cleaned the uni the was a fairly good depression mark on the filter where the tube lays on it. It returned to its normal shape after the cleaning, but just to be safe and not run into a tearing issue later, I felt it best to trim the breather back.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just happen to be walkin out of the honda dealership locally. Looked in the UNI catalog with my parts guy, the catalog lists a separate part # for the xx, as per the catalog all 3 filters (250r, 450r and xx) have different part numbers AND looking at the pictures, they all look a bit different.

So... My advice, buy the one UNI made for the xx.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am using a 06 450r filter ring and 250r uni filters and outerwear.
The 06 450r will also fit and is bigger than 250r. The problem using these filters is the breather tube from engine does not reach the uni air filters ,so I fitted a K&N breather filter on the end of the pipe.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just order the uni for the XX u dont need any stupid adapters or anything like that ur makin it harder on urself Hawk. Thats what I have, got it from Rocky Mtn. same price as the uni web site!! So U know its the correct one!!!!!!!!!!!! Also they had some on E-bay.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Some times thats the best espically when money is involved! The uni's on this side of the pond arent that bad at all like $30 bones.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I put a 250R UNI on my stock ring - no adapters, just used a little grease to get it on, it was a tight fit. Works great, cheap and you can find them everywhere.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think he was washing his old one and needed one in a pinch.
Exactly. EVERYONE carries a 250R filter - even the shop in BFE east Texas. But do they carry a 700xx filter? nooooope!
Red filter = 250R UNI filter, other filter was a 700xx K&Nogood. uh i mean K&N.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts