Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the UK a quad can only be ridden on private land or has road legal to ride all the dirt tracks in the public domain .
My rear end is totally worn after 7 years of hard offroad riding so once the insurance, tests and stuff expired i parked the quad in the garden and covered it..
My dr350 has had some serious use this past 5 years...
Decided its time to do something with the quad as its pretty worthless not road legal and worn out..
First task was to see if it still runs..
We have that lovely bio fuel, 5 and 10% which is destroying many engines as it eats metal, rubber and leaves a terrible gum in fuel system.
I removed the tank as it had fuel but nothing was coming out through the fuel tap. It is blocked solid with gooey gum which does not appear to be dissolved by anything . The plastic mesh filter inside crumbled and the brass tube did likewise :cry:
I looked down the fuel pipe and that looked ok so blew down it and it was very clear , the return pipe to the tank was right in my face so got a large face full of old stale fuel
Pumped fresh fuel down the fuel pipe so the old fuel came out of the return.. Rigged up a tank, connected a good battery with jump leads and cranked...
Took around 10-15 secs of cranking where nothing happened then it fired straight up like it had been run yesterday - Awesome.... Glad the injection system was not blocked with gum...
Now i need to get the drive shafts out to replace, replace the centre bearing as it wobbles a lot and replace all bushings and whatever else needs doing..
Cant wait to ride the beast again but it will be a long and expensive road to get there..
I nearly cry when i see how cheap the trx and parts are in the usa.. Its daylight robbery here but add shipping, tax ,vat ,courier charges and it all adds up to not really any cheaper

·
Administrator
5,901 Posts
What exactly wobbles, to let you know the carrier bearing is wearing out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the carrier bearing is worn as the rotor and sprocket slop around.. Add to that most the bushes on the rear end..
The dust seals cut into the metal bush causing the sloppy fit.. I replaced all a arm bushes and bearings in the past with hotrods bearing kit.. I see they now run under allballs..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts