Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys since the last thread got trashed i decided to just start a new one to let u, guys hear my most likely decision. i think ill keep the stock rims for now especially the rear cause i think i wanna stay with the 11' for clearance issues. i guess ill try the kenda kutter xc's in the back (22x9x11) and i was thinkin razr 2's in the front (22x7x10).. i also plannin on gettin the 13 tooth sprocket..so let me no what u guys think of my decision. ive had a couple negative thoughts of mixin the wheels but i rlly like the razor 2's for the front.. and i think id rather have the kutters in the rear cause there a lil more aggresive... feedback please

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i'm just anal about mismatched tires... since you're going with the kutters in the rear, i would do the same for the front... especially since you're looking at a 22

·
Registered
157 Posts
i'm just anal about mismatched tires... since you're going with the kutters in the rear, i would do the same for the front... especially since you're looking at a 22
+++++1

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i no where ur comin from i thought the same thing but i think the 2's look a lil better and have a lot more agressive tread pattern, to help the front end grip a lil better. idk im rlly havin mixed thoughts..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is mine with Kenda Kutters xc all around. Just so you can get an idea of how it looks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have kutters all around, I really like them and would definitely recommend them. I don't have much (other than stockers) to compare them to, but so far I have been doing mud/trail/wet rock condition riding and they not only hook up well, but stand up well to pretty rough conditions (sharp rocks etc..)

I have never heard anything bad about the razr2's; everyone I have heard of that owns them likes them. However, having a full set of kutters matches and from what I have seen, performs well. Of course its your decision and really, both are great tires I cannot imagine you would be unhappy either way :xx:

P.S. I have pictures posted that show the kutters if you are interested (I don't want to klutter your thread anymore)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, on the kenda fronts i just aint too fond of the wide nobbies. idk i jus dont like the look. i like the razr 2's cause they have alot of small ones and they even cary on to the side.. pics r fine and would be greatly apprecited rith

·
Registered
392 Posts
+++++2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright guys i jus called about the kendas my dealer said it will be about a month and a half before they can get um cause there on backorder till the middle of march.. so imma prrly jus go with razors in the back since i wanna get the 2's up front anyway. thanks for all the help. i will get kutters next ,hopefully there not on backorder so long

·
Registered
392 Posts
alright guys i jus called about the kendas my dealer said it will be about a month and a half before they can get um cause there on backorder till the middle of march.. so imma prrly jus go with razors in the back since i wanna get the 2's up front anyway. thanks for all the help. i will get kutters next ,hopefully there not on backorder so long
Rockymountain has them in stock

·
Registered
392 Posts
Rockymountain has them in stock, probably cheaper than what your dealer would charge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another consideration may be Maxxis Razr Balance tires...they are now listing sizes for the 700xx on their website. I currently run these on my '06 450er and I love them...great traction and ride. I like the light weight and smooth ride of radial construction.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Another consideration may be Maxxis Razr Balance tires...they are now listing sizes for the 700xx on their website. I currently run these on my '06 450er and I love them...great traction and ride. I like the light weight and smooth ride of radial construction.
thats good to know ,now we have 3 choices of knobbies for stock rim!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Rockymountain has them in stock, probably cheaper than what your dealer would charge.
Does Rocky sell em any larger than the 22" for the 11" rim? I cant find em just wondering if they do. I think a 23 or 24" would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Does Rocky sell em any larger than the 22" for the 11" rim? I cant find em just wondering if they do. I think a 23 or 24" would be awesome!
yeah but it would be a mud tire

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
So is that a no to larger than 22" cutters?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not if you're running with nerfs that rub on 23's...:atv:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts