Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to my 700xx and this forum. I'm reading about a hundred different upgrades for my machine like power rev box, TFI box, EFI optimizer, power programmer, performance chip, juice box. What exactly do I want?? Thanks much

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If you are going to fit an aftermarket exhaust and Uni air filter then you need a EFI programmer. EHS Racing , a forum sponsor has a very good one .
If you are keeping everything stock then you don't need anything.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
If you are planning on doing a lot of performance up grades now or in the future I would get a PCV (Power Commander) if you are just planning on light mods (exhaust, Filter, and programmer) go with EHS. I wouldn’t get a EFI controller until you have an after market exhaust, EHS has good deals for the “big 3”(exhaust, custom air box lid, and EFI controller)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i would do the programer even if u didnt have and other parts u get 2hp and ur engine will run alot better. i recomend the pc3 or pcv

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Everyone Tosses in the PCV... I dont get why its always in the Mix.. and I mean No offense to anyone... But the PCV is just a PCIII with an optional (at cost) O2 self adjust (Autotune), the only way this works is if you have an Exhaust with an O2 bung welded into it and pay the 200ish for the Autotune sensor. PCIII is just as good and costs less.

There now thats off my Chest...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
You have no clue what your talking about:nuts: and I mean No offense to anyone!

1. It's smaller
2. no more 9v battery
3. 2 postion map switching (switch on the fly)
4. -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%)
5. 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
6. auto tune
7. better base maps and product support
8. can be found for close to the same price as the pc3

Now that i got that off my chest:lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
:funny::stupid: Now that thats done.lol

i would recomend getting some nerfs or better heel guards first then big 3(ehs is very good) then a l8ton sway bar.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
There are many many things that can be done to the 700xx and you'll find various opinions about what to do from the members here. Different upgrade options will depend largely on what kind of riding YOU want to set up for... trail, mx, xc, etc.

Personally, I rate upgrades on a priority list... as follows.
1. Safety... My safety first followed by protecting the quad... Things like nerf bars, bumper.
2. Handling... Things that make the quad handle better... Things like tires, steering damper, shocks, etc. A better handling quad is faster.
3. Performance... Things like exhaust, efi controller, air flow (big 3)... this area is wide open... from no motor mods to max motor mods.
4. Bling.... Things that just make the quad look good... Graphics kits, etc.

When it comes down to it.. Mods come down to personal preference for the individual rider and the riding they do... also a big factor will be $$.

roadkill

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with roadkill safety first nerf bars kill switch etc then definitely handling i recommend the l8ton swaybar in my opinion best upgrade for your money that will make the 700 faster
The thing about the power commanders or juice box etc is that unles you are going to upgrade your engine further i dont believe they are cost effective for the performance that they give
if all you are doing is going full race pipe or just slip on and air filter than you dont need it unless you want to extract all the gain you can from them but you need to ask is the 300 dollars worth getting another 2 or 4 bhp gain yes you will know for sure that your machine is fuelling corectly but only if you get a power commander and do a bespoke map
speaking out of experience and doing the dyno runs the air fuel ratio was not a million miles out and would certainly not cause any damage to your engine if all you were to do was add a pipe or end can and foam filter open air box
the stock honda efi managed it all very well and these tests were done with an independant dyno tuner and my own time and expense but thats how you learn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts