Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok called to get the valve adjustment cost bout 90 bucks. but i want to upgrage from all this stock crap. what kind of upgrades should i start with? i dont know too much on this stuff, so if u list something kinda tell me how it would help. i do know i want an upgrade on the air filter and a full exaust, i've herd good things about barker i like the parts for atv price for 479, but is it as easy as geting it and just having someone put it on, or am i missing something that i will need to buy with it?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Get a uni filter! Flows good and protects awesome. The barker exhaust is awesome. Make sure you purchase it from EHS racing and not that other douche! If you want a programmer get the EHS big three! It's a simple 30 minute bolt on of about 8-9 extra horsepower!

·
Registered
452 Posts
90 bucks for valve check?? where was this? its 2-300 everywhere i go

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What type of riding do you do ?
Weekend Warrior in the Dunes , Trail riding or racer ?
kinda a little bit of everything. i dont have anywhere for alot of big sand dunes though. mainly trail riding, but we have spots on the river where we can open them up though. not really trail racing or anything i guess we just drag race them when we got a group riding with us.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
90 bucks for valve check?? where was this? its 2-300 everywhere i go
yea i ment to say the cycle shop was 90 bucks. but i really didnt like whaat i seen in there, it was just a bunch of harlys, and a few utility. that was carter county cycles in ok. my dealer said 150. its morris moter sports in chickasha ok. thought it would be better to just take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'd start with tires and 13T front sprocket. Maxxis razr2 23" up front, razr 22" rear or kenda kutter xc 22".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure you purchase it from EHS racing and not that other douche!
thanks. and i guessing a bad expierience with parts for atv? i REALLY dont mind paying the extra 10 bucks for some good customer service i guess. do u or anyone else know a good dealer for that price? ive been through that bs where they lead u around for months without a order or money back, really dont want to do it again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd start with tires and 13T front sprocket. Maxxis razr2 23" up front, razr 22" rear or kenda kutter xc 22".
yea ive looked into the 13t, been told its a cheap noticable change. and its bout time for some new tires too.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
thanks. and i guessing a bad expierience with parts for atv? i REALLY dont mind paying the extra 10 bucks for some good customer service i guess. do u or anyone else know a good dealer for that price? ive been through that bs where they lead u around for months without a order or money back, really dont want to do it again.
I got mine from MODS3 and had no problem at all. In fact at the time i bought mine the barkers were going for around 600 and i got mine for 479. I know that EHS has good customer service from what i heard. But MODS3 had good customer service as well. I ordered mine on a saturday night and recieved it the next thursday. so i can honestly say it was a good experience for me!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
my dealer charges 60-75 flat rate for any valve adjustment on a single cylinder machine.......regardless.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
my dealer charges 60-75 flat rate for any valve adjustment on a single cylinder machine.......regardless.
nice my ummm atv shop charges bout 50 for my recon and u gota take off more stuff to get to it's valves..... but i can do it fo free:atv:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got mine from MODS3 and had no problem at all. In fact at the time i bought mine the barkers were going for around 600 and i got mine for 479. I know that EHS has good customer service from what i heard. But MODS3 had good customer service as well. I ordered mine on a saturday night and recieved it the next thursday. so i can honestly say it was a good experience for me!!!!!!!
thanks. ill go with the one of the two u mentioned. do i need a controller or programmer or something like that with the exuast? i dont even know what they do exactly but i read bout ppl saying how they have to get one or should. i know i know im a newbie everyone.:eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yes you need a controller with a full exhaust. EHS racing is a sponsor on here and Eric does alot of dyno work to make sure our bikes run like they should. You can get it from him for $479 also. I would recomend buying it from him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes you need a controller with a full exhaust. EHS racing is a sponsor on here and Eric does alot of dyno work to make sure our bikes run like they should. You can get it from him for $479 also. I would recomend buying it from him.
thanks, ill do that. what exactly does a controller do? and y do i need one if u dont mind me asking? not saying i dont or anything jw

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
It tells your ECM to send more fuel to your engine basically. Since are bikes are running lean from the factory, if you start bringing In More air you also need more fuel to get the a/f ratio correct. Hope that helps... I'm no expert on this subject, but if you call Eric at EHS racing he'll explain everything to you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts