Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that new 700XX's are going for $4000-$4400, what would you pay for a used one that's only been ridden a couple times?

BTW it is the fastest color... ;-)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Awesome red is a great color choice!:D

As long as you can verify that it still in basically new condition I would definitely pay up to $3500 for it considering that you could get a new one for just over $4000. I also have it lodged in my head that I paid $6800 so $4000 for a slightly used one still sounds like a really good deal. I would go around to any area dealers and find out the best price you can get them to and use that to gauge your pricing on the used one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i paid $5500 canadian for mine, 3 months use at a dealer. sold it for $6500 when i was done with it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Given that new 700XX's are going for $4000-$4400, what would you pay for a used one that's only been ridden a couple times?

BTW it is the fastest color... ;-)
Prices are regional too, im seeing alot of the low prices on East coast and Mid west. Seems to me the prices are alot higher on West coast.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Definitely higher on the West Coast, I bought mine for $5597 out the door and I've heard of people on here getting them for $4400 OTD. That is a crazy low price, of course we pay sales tax in Washington. Bike was $4400 + shipping fee + tax.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A few months ago all the dealers in my area were trying to get rid of their old stock, now they say they are hard to come by. I paid 4700+ tax and got the last black one they had.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm the one that got mine for $4400 otd no tax or any other little charges. The dealer put on the bill of sale that I paid $6,879.00 + $85.00 dealer service and handling fee so it shows $6,964.00 on paper.
That should make my resale price pretty good as long as they dont see this lol:lmao:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm the one that got mine for $4400 otd no tax or any other little charges. The dealer put on the bill of sale that I paid $6,879.00 + $85.00 dealer service and handling fee so it shows $6,964.00 on paper.
That should make my resale price pretty good as long as they dont see this lol:lmao:
That's really lame because here I would have to pay tax on the $6964 instead of what I paid.

·
Registered
528 Posts
the 08s are mostly gone, now the sticker i back to 8000ish i believe for the 09, which will probably come down at the end of this year again. hold on to them, when they stop making them the value for a used bike will be about $5000 after all of the new ones are sold.

·
Registered
228 Posts
All of the 700XXs around here are gone. The dealer where I bought mine said that Honda was going back to a demand-driven approach that would ultimately raise the value of all of their products. I think we'll see a lot of companies do that since there will be less competition due to bankruptcies and mergers. It appears to me that of all of the toy companies, including boats, atvs, planes, etc., that Honda is the most aggressive at stabilizing the status of their finances, marketing, and production. They're not playing around like many of the others. In the end, I think it will help owners, but not for now. The value of 700XXs is about to start going up, and probably already has.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Southern Honda in Chattanooga still has the '08s for $4293. (It was 4283 in Feb when I got mine...weird) You have to pay a $99 document fee and a city business tax which brings it to about $4410 out the door. That's out of state price....not sure what it would be for a Tennessee resident.

http://www.southernhonda.com/pages/newvehicles/viewmodel/25/38/14122/2008/honda-trx700xx.aspx
I actually called down there a while back and they claimed all they had left were demos with a bunch of equipment on them. The cheapest one had like $350 worth of extra stuff. I may be paranoid, but I didn't believe him and called BS. There's something about those guys that I don't like, other than tacking on parts once you decide to buy. I had actually planned to drive many hours down there and he called back to inform me the price would be different after telling me that there were 7 at the price you quoted. Shady if you ask me. Lots of atv dealers pull that crap if they think they've got you hook, line, and sinker.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I called today and talked to a george wescott and he told me they have a few left in both colers and they are still priced at 4293.00 i hope he telling truth cause a buddy is working on the financeing for it as im typeing this message

·
Registered
211 Posts
I keep getting their weekly email and the XX is usually one of their weekly deals. I bought mine on Feb. 11th. I was told there were 25+ in stock including about 8 in the showroom with extra stuff on them. When I got there, I walked around for a bit before meeting my salesman and there were several 700XXs in the showroom all with aftermarket parts on them ranging from bumpers, to skids, a-arm guards, and grab bars. A couple had all of the items mentioned. My quad was out in a warehouse right off the shop area.

I wasn't even looking to buy an XX until a buddy of mine went down there to buy a bike and told me about the deal on the XXs. I sold my 450R in less than a week and went down a couple days later and got the XX.

Price definitely sold me....it wasn't customer service or anything. I had picked up a set of handguards while waiting for my salesman to get ready for me. Then while waiting on the paperwork, I saw an XX in the showroom with those exact handguards on it and decided I didn't like them and told my salesman. He said no problem because they hadn't done the paperwork on those yet. Somehow, they ended up in my bag with my sprocket and oil and ended up in my truck. (I think the kid that loaded the quad put the bag in the truck) I found them when I got home and called my salesman and explained that the handguards I didn't buy had ended up in my truck and that I wanted to UPS them back to them. He said to call him back during business hours and we'd figure something out. I called and left a message. Sent an email. Called back. Sent another email. Finally, after two weeks of this I called him and he answered. By that time I was aggravated that I was trying to do the right thing and they wouldn't give me the time of day so I told him to shoot me over to parts and I'd just buy the handguards and be done with it.

Oh, and it took over 2hrs to buy the quad. No financing, just extended warranty, sprocket, oil and oil filter. And handguards I didn't pay for at the time.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I called today and talked to a george wescott and he told me they have a few left in both colers and they are still priced at 4293.00 i hope he telling truth cause a buddy is working on the financeing for it as im typeing this message
I got the same line and then when I called the morning that I had already driven two hours towards Chattanooga I got "the new version" of what was being offered. Good luck. I don't trust them. If you talk to other dealers in that part of the country they will say they've heard the same things. They may be great, but they're not getting my money.

I drove to Abernathy's in Union City, TN and got exactly what the offered, an '08 for $4394 with no fees at all and most importantly no BS. They've got a wicked parts department with all of their catalogs online, too. Call over there and ask around, if you can stand the drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You guys are calling these old stock? I just had mine out for the second time at Waynoka and it certainly did not feel like old stock. We had about 12 Quads in our group and mine was the newest, fastest and by far the best deal. Shawnee, Oklahoma is still on EBAY for 4500. We got a freaking good deal. My buddies are shopping for used ? and are crazy for not snatching a 700xx. :yay:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I went out looking at quads Saturday... The guy with the 700xx canceled on me and I haven't heard back from him since. I guess he didn't want to sell that badly. So, with that falling through I looked at some other models. Wading through several er...um "low hour" quads (on their second set of tires and plastics:lmao:) I did manage to see a couple really nice Outlaws and one nice Raptor 700. But, alas, no 700xx...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, I went out looking at quads Saturday... The guy with the 700xx canceled on me and I haven't heard back from him since. I guess he didn't want to sell that badly. So, with that falling through I looked at some other models. Wading through several er...um "low hour" quads (on their second set of tires and plastics:lmao:) I did manage to see a couple really nice Outlaws and one nice Raptor 700. But, alas, no 700xx...
Just ship a 700XX from the east coast. Don't give up. You have to turn into super hustler and get what you want. You'll be so glad you made the effort.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I drove to Abernathy's in Union City, TN and got exactly what the offered, an '08 for $4394 with no fees at all and most importantly no BS. They've got a wicked parts department with all of their catalogs online, too. Call over there and ask around, if you can stand the drive.
I've heard great things about Abernathy's. I also like Ritchie Powersports in Athens, TN just north of Chattanooga. I wanted to buy there again this time, but was told it would take a week or so to get an '08. Not wanting to be quadless, I went to the next closest place which is Southern Honda.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts