Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey every one, encase you didnt read in a past post, i planned on makeing a billet brake peddle... when i wear my motocross boots i notice the peddle is to short and i cant work the back brake that well.

so I made a longer peddle ( by 1/4 of an inch ) and would like to try it out, if i ever wanna go back to the stock one i can make on in that length and with and since i will drill and tap the side of my brake lever ( i will remove the factory peddle ) i can make long or short levers or levers with more bite or levers that look more bling ect ect.

about the peddle:

the peddle is made from 15-5 heat treated "black hawk meterial" and yes black hawk as in the helicopters..... ( i make parts for them thats my job lol )

from squair stock to finnish, using a manual mill this would take me ( working threw lunch and 15 min befor work ) about 2 maybe 3 days at the most to make. the side that is steped down is steped for the screw heads, sort of like a counter sink so they sit flush

this is a vary light peddle...... i will make one with a cross bar going from the long side to longest side with a relief on eaither side some time, and yes i will be doing this for club members ONLY

well here you go

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
that's pretty sweet! I wanna get a cnc machine, but i wouldn't know how to use it! lol

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sell that boat you can't use next month....

:p
This is TEXAS! It doesn't get cold till February - then March is looking back at lake weather!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah when that lake water get's gown in the 60's things shrink a lot. Besides, you need a new grass killer anyways.
Who said you have to get in the water!? lol It's big enough no one gets in the water lol

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any chance we can stay on subject... iam sure their is a boat forum right down the road you can visit that and talk about boats

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
any chance we can stay on subject... iam sure their is a boat forum right down the road you can visit that and talk about boats
Is this a joke?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
so when are the pics of it on the xx coming Hawk?? p.s im going boating this weekend:lmao: sorry had to1

·
Registered
243 Posts
What subject would you like people to stay on? You didn't ask any questions, you didn't make a statement and ask for people's opinions, you didn't create a topic of discussion! Sooooooooo.......

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
any chance we can stay on subject... iam sure their is a boat forum right down the road you can visit that and talk about boats HaHa
Look again

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the subject of this post actually..... i dont recall asking telling or showing pictures of a boat....

so when i come here to read the newest replies..... i really hate getting my time waisted with the silly nonsens. I see it alot around here, some one askes about shocks.... and gets silly replies about seats or headlights

not full of my self at all....... just a pet peave.. if i visit a post about fox shocks... i dont make a replay dealing with my dodge truck or ne thing of that nature.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
people, people! my posts can be deleted out of this thread - for the threads sake and to stay on topic.

For what its worth...
It started as me wanting a CNC machine so i could make cool shit like Hawk. In order for me to buy a CNC machine, I would have to sell my boat to do so. So if I have to sell my boat to buy a CNC machine that would make kick ass shit like Hawk's, I dont see it being off topic at all. :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Looks good! Do you think the extra leverage you apply will bend the arm itself?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts