Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
the subject of this post actually..... i dont recall asking telling or showing pictures of a boat....

so when i come here to read the newest replies..... i really hate getting my time waisted with the silly nonsens. I see it alot around here, some one askes about shocks.... and gets silly replies about seats or headlights

not full of my self at all....... just a pet peave.. if i visit a post about fox shocks... i dont make a replay dealing with my dodge truck or ne thing of that nature.

I'm just busting your balls but in the thread below about houser a arms you ask about exhaust, i'm sure there are more than this. you come off as being unfriendly to the people your posting to when you make previous post, just my observation.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1503

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks good! Do you think the extra leverage you apply will bend the arm itself?

took a small ride and really jammed down on the arm to see if this is so ( wouldnt want it to brake as your comming down a hill ) it looked fine.

remember this is no steel that you buy at home depot... its 15-5 heat treated steel used in blackhawk helicopters, heat treats spacific ( if thats spelled right ) to the aero/space and military industry alone.

in short... it should be fine, but after my ride next week ( 30 mile ride in the wva hills ) i will check back and tell you how well it held up or if it failed and i need to redesign it

also get your self an NC machine and ill write you a program and email it to ya and you can make one

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I'm just busting your balls but in the thread below about houser a arms you ask about exhaust, i'm sure there are more than this. you come off as being unfriendly to the people your posting to when you make previous post, just my observation.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1503

ill give you that as far as off topic.... yet still its related to the quad... not somthing off the wall like boats...

now i can also see them talking about selling the boat and to buy an nc machine to make cool things like the brake peddle...

how ever I see tones of posts filled up over silly things, i might visit a post where the poster asks about revalving shocks..... and as i skim down to find out the answere to his question, i find it full of way off topic discussion, thus 2 minits of my life where wasted.

i come to this forum because like most of us i want to know as much as i can about the various componests of the quad, I want to know how to rebuild/valve shocks adjust and dial in dampers, which products work..... which are a waste of money, which companys back their product and which flake out.

i dont come here to have a good laugh or a good time with the "boys" i dont wanna sound like a jack ass but when it comes to techinical talk iam pretty serious..

i brough this brake peddle mod to you all just to give you another option, if your peddle is short, you cant touch it or feel it with your mx boots... here is an option....

dont mean to sound unfriendly, i just take the club pretty seriously

and lastly, i dont want this posted filled with contraversy... lets discuss the brake peddle and or how i made it how it functions so far any thing of that nature.

i want to answere all your questions on it cause iam vary excited about it. i also hope your excited i would like to build you all fancy cool peddles

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I come to this forum for technical reason as well, but I like the human aspect of a forum rather than it reading as an encyclopedia. When new members come here one of the first things they comment on is how well everyone get's along.

I believe that most others come here and feel the same way. While I really like that this site is the (in my opinion) foremost site for technical information on the 700xx, it's also a great group of people. In my opinion if you have one without the other your site fails.

...and yes, as others have noticed while we appreciate your technical fervor, it's just sometimes you come off as unfriendly.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
...and yes, as others have noticed while we appreciate your technical fervor, it's just sometimes you come off as unfriendly.
thats an absolute shame.

moving on, I went for a ride today and the peddle works flawsly, the peddle sits roughly 1/4 of an inch up higher then stock thus under hard braking you dont need to push down quite as far.

the peddle also feels more...stout if you will, it feels vary vary nice under my shoe.... when the weather brakes ill try it with my boots

·
Registered
243 Posts
I like the banter that takes place on this web site. I would say in general most technical questions get answered pretty thoroughly. If this web site was as serious as you say you would like..... I probably wouldn't visit as much as I do.

I agree with you to some extent though! If people on this web site start talking about problems with their girlfriends, I would probably think they went too far off the topic of the 700XX.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
didnt know this wast the grammer forum......could have sworn i was at club700xx.com lol my bad......

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
didnt know this wast the grammer forum......could have sworn i was at club700xx.com lol my bad......
It's not (a grammar forum) but since you posted about it....

It's something that discounts at times what you're saying, and by "you" I mean the collective you as in everyone, not you, Hawk. The person posting could have the most awesome technical ability, but their delivery in the form of grammar and spelling could be way incorrect and the reader will discount any knowledge that was meant to be conveyed. So the poster haveing this awesome bit of information would end up posting twice as much and having to explain themselves even further wasting the OP's (original poster) time.
Imagine if you read an owners manual or some other important document that was riddled with spelling errors and other errors. You (again the collective you) would surely discount whatever knowledge that was contained within, or even possibly stop reading it entirely.

Hawk,

Now, I'll say again that I really enjoy your technical thirst for knowledge and the fervor at which you want to share it.

I genuinely mean that. I like you being here, I just don't want to see your time being wasted here by you having to over explain something or that your intended audience might be passing in the pearls of wisdom you are imparting upon them. I think you're a very valuable member with a lot of information to share.

Everyone,

BACK ON TOPIC. :D

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love fancy brake pedals, club 700xx, and all the people in da club. Sorry, a little drunk right now. Hawk, Your brake pedal kicks axx but don`t be so anal.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice piece of hardware hawk, just chill man, love your enthusiasm gotta say.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
lets get these brake peddles in the hands of the people who want them here at the club...

i love doing this kinda work.... which is the reason I am a machinist, so any one willing to have one of these just let me know. I am going to have two versions.... the open version which I made for my self and a version that has a bar going length wise threw the center ( with "teeth" milled into it )

if any one is intrested shoot me a pm.. iam going to ask 45 shiped

Here is what you get :

brake peddle in your choice of opened or "barred"

your brake lever's end gets squaired and then drilled and taped to accept this peddle and any further lengthed peddles you would like me to make.

add 10 bucks your peddle can be black oxided how ever i will sand blast the peddle and spray it flat black for free.

peddle is made of 15-5 heat treated steel

i can do custome peddles in your choice of shapes ie: triagular but that will cost a bit, esp considering iam turning these out on a manual mill not cnc

edit: Ooops also forgot to mention If you buy one you get a life time warrenty, if you brake one.. i build you a new one for free, even shipping is free..

if you buy one and then want a shorter one, ill make a shorter one a half cost, so 45 shiped for the first... then hey i would like one shorter for when iam using my shoes... second one is 22.50

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to say it, even if it gets me kicked off the forum. Hawk you should go get a life, a girl friend or even a dog! Just find something else to do with some of your time. I don't want to come off as rude but, you are completely obsessed with this stuff and some of your posts and comments drive me nuts, must you question everthing? Talking about being able to afford these shocks and a-arms and in the same breath saying your going to take a loan out to get them! Are you a pro rider? Just my opinion but, take vacation from the wheeler and go get LA*D!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have to say it, even if it gets me kicked off the forum. Hawk you should go get a life, a girl friend or even a dog! Just find something else to do with some of your time. I don't want to come off as rude but, you are completely obsessed with this stuff and some of your posts and comments drive me nuts, must you question everthing? Talking about being able to afford these shocks and a-arms and in the same breath saying your going to take a loan out to get them! Are you a pro rider? Just my opinion but, take vacation from the wheeler and go get LA*D!

I like the best, but what is the best ? thats why i ask questions.

am i a pro ?? nope but you might see me in a few years in dirt wheels lol.... why do you think iam asking and making parts and about all these parts...... i wanna cross country race.

go post your jackass opinion some place else.... maybe you can go to the "in general section" and make a post called "hawk is getting on my nerves" and you can say what ever you want their

21 - 40 of 43 Posts