Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
o.k guys i removed everything to do my valves. turned engine over and looked in the small hole where you line up the h mark. adjusted the valves. i have found a possible problem, after the first T mark turning clockwise about 10mm after the first H i have a second H, is this normal if so do i use the first H mark or the second. second thing do you adjust inlet valves then turn crank one complete revolution and adjust exhaust. or are they adjusted all at same time as inlet without turning crank,

cheers gary

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
If I'm not wrong, it should be the first one, one way to verify is when the mark is centered, does your valve move freely? They should be loose enough to notice

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
o.k guys i removed everything to do my valves. turned engine over and looked in the small hole where you line up the h mark. adjusted the valves. i have found a possible problem, after the first T mark turning clockwise about 10mm after the first H i have a second H, is this normal if so do i use the first H mark or the second. second thing do you adjust inlet valves then turn crank one complete revolution and adjust exhaust. or are they adjusted all at same time as inlet without turning crank,

cheers gary
One of the marks is a line with a "T" sideways. This is the one you want .
Line the "T" up and check all rockers are loose. If some are tight with no free play , then rotate 360 degrees and check again.
Once all have play in them check them all .
In = 0.15 mm
Ex = 0.20 mm

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Just like Baxter said, TDC on the compression stroke is where you want to be. The cam will make one revolution while the crank makes two. That is why you have to make sure you are on the compression stroke by verifying that the valves have some play.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so once at tdc and on the compresion stroke do i adjust all 4 valves. or only adjust 2 then turn crank 180 and check the other 2 ?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
all at once

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yep, the rockers will be on the base circle of the cam at TDC when the plug fires so thats an ideal place to adjust your valves. Like was posted, the piston comes to TDC twice, once with all the valves open and once with all the valves closed(when combustion occurs when the plug fires).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts