Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my quad, the dealer told me I needed to bring it in after the break in period to get the oil changed and the valves adjusted. Just curious on how acurate that statment is. I don't want to take it in and spend $300 or so for something that doesn't need to be done yet.
If it doesnt, ill just change the oil myself, like I do on all my toys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
adj

I'm wondering the same thing... I am assuming that most dont need adjustments and are right on after the break in period. What all is usually done at the first the first service at the dealer? valves and oil?

·
Registered
667 Posts
you can check the valves yourself, remove the tank and the 2 covers are on top of the cylinder head. The cover has an o ring so it reseals. I have the gaps written down but i think it is .005 intake and .006 exhaust but verify that, like i said it is written in my race trailer and it isn't here with me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The oil is really simple to do. There is a post in the how to section. Just be careful of the positioning of the oil filter. I took my xx in after about thirty hours cause I heard it knocking. The exhaust was out but intake was fine. I did everything myself except for the valves and the dealer only charged me 68 bucks for the adjustment. Just call around and get prices. I think They just charged me for 1 hour labor for the valves.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
.006" Intake
.008" Exhaust

Make sure to set them with a cold motor. You can set them hot, but I am not sure what the clearance is. Somebody may know, you just have to check them hot after you know they are correct. It is easy to do, but I always have the dealer check them and change the oil after the break in. Just so I have proof that it was done in case there is a warranty issue. They charged me 1 hr labor also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts