Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my quad, the dealer told me I needed to bring it in after the break in period to get the oil changed and the valves adjusted. Just curious on how acurate that statment is. I don't want to take it in and spend $300 or so for something that doesn't need to be done yet.
If it doesnt, ill just change the oil myself, like I do on all my toys.

·
Registered
667 Posts
you can check the valves yourself, remove the tank and the 2 covers are on top of the cylinder head. The cover has an o ring so it reseals. I have the gaps written down but i think it is .005 intake and .006 exhaust but verify that, like i said it is written in my race trailer and it isn't here with me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The oil is really simple to do. There is a post in the how to section. Just be careful of the positioning of the oil filter. I took my xx in after about thirty hours cause I heard it knocking. The exhaust was out but intake was fine. I did everything myself except for the valves and the dealer only charged me 68 bucks for the adjustment. Just call around and get prices. I think They just charged me for 1 hour labor for the valves.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
.006" Intake
.008" Exhaust

Make sure to set them with a cold motor. You can set them hot, but I am not sure what the clearance is. Somebody may know, you just have to check them hot after you know they are correct. It is easy to do, but I always have the dealer check them and change the oil after the break in. Just so I have proof that it was done in case there is a warranty issue. They charged me 1 hr labor also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.