Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i already bought it so the only question i have is, if anyone has a vapor kit already , how hard was it to install? what did you have to do with the radiator hose to insert the temp sensor? anything the instructions didnt show that you had problems with? about how long was installation? and what all did you have to take apar, like plastics and stuff to get the wires run from the battery up to the dash?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I haven't finished installing mine yet. I never seem to be in the mood to do it for some reason. But I'll tell you this, you won't be able to install the speed sensor how they show in the instructions. The magnetic bolt that goes into the brake caliper is too high for the sensor to read it properly. So, you'll have to find out some kind of workaround for that. I'm not exactly sure what that will be yet, but one of the guys on here told me before that he found a place on the other side of the caliper to install his and it works like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a feeling im not putting the speed sensor or the temp guage in lol, i only want to see my rpm's dont really care about anything else, temp would be nice but i can usually tell when shes getting hot

·
Registered
133 Posts
lol....too bad for me, because I really wanted the speedometer! "I WANNA GO FAST!!"...and I want to see how fast I'm going!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I used the location for the sensor where it told me to put it. It's figuring the rpm that's all messed up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I insalled mine in an afternoon. wasnt that hard.. had to wrap the tach wire tho. as far as the speed senser just installed it according to the instructions. made my own mounting bracket at wook.(job perks of tool and die maker). as far as running the wires to the batt not to much plastic in the road. i really like mine!! even tuned the speedo in with a GPS unit (magellen).

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh ya the bolt that is to high for the speed sensor has a extra magnet on it for a seperat install. take the extra mag off and it should fit

·
Registered
7 Posts
had to wrap the wire for the rpm around the tach wire down by the coil. gimme a little bit and ill check my setting for the mph

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think I want to get one of these.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also wrapped my rpm to the coil. The only thing I noticed when I hook up my laptop to my power commander I get a diferent reading than what I get in my Vapor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts