Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. New to the Forum but had a really quick Question, I do alot of riding in the Desert and Have been thinking about adding a Computer to my 700xx. I am wondering which would be a better idea for Purchase, the Vapor Computer or the Vector Computer.. I am not necessarily concerned with my top speed I just ride to ride. I am more or less getting it for Distance as well as a Hobbs meter. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW my 700 is still bone stock at this point and will be till I get back to the states.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yah i would agree on the GPS...gives you speed, mileage, and path. and can be downloaded to a computer.

Plus altitude if you launch it high enough..hahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
If you do get a "Vapor" or "Vector", I'd also recommend that you get the dashboard... It will allow you a place to put your stock lights... neutral light, reverse light... etc. See attachment...

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
Vapor

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you do get a "Vapor" or "Vector", I'd also recommend that you get the dashboard... It will allow you a place to put your stock lights... neutral light, reverse light... etc. See attachment...

roadkill

Thanks Roadkill, I actually already ordered the bar clamps, this may sound like a kinda Dumb question but every site I go to shows the Clamp, Computer, and the light cluster together, My question is if I order the dashboard if it has the bracket behind the computer (Protection). I am actually looking more into a GPS, after some Discussion with Biffman out here, and am concerned that if I get the dashboard I will end up with another aluminum bracket meant for the computer, and if so are they Detachable from Eachother. I also emailed Trail tech so if I get an answer from them I will Post it here as to how the Clamps come for Future Refence.:confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had my vapor for about a year and it was damaged because a dumbass friend of mine that helped me wash the quad used the pressure washer on it... just emailed Trailtech and got another head unit for free no questions asked within a week. That other unit I had for about 1.5 years with no problems. Sold the quad so dont know how much longer it worked. The computer base is not detachable from the clamp as I remember. I would recommend you keep it and try it.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just spoke with Trail tech and the Bar clamps come with the Modified lighting bracket. We will see what I get when I finally get back to the states.

·
Registered
306 Posts

roadkill
Can't use it if you have a aftermarket steering stem. The holes don't line up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.