Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. New to the Forum but had a really quick Question, I do alot of riding in the Desert and Have been thinking about adding a Computer to my 700xx. I am wondering which would be a better idea for Purchase, the Vapor Computer or the Vector Computer.. I am not necessarily concerned with my top speed I just ride to ride. I am more or less getting it for Distance as well as a Hobbs meter. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW my 700 is still bone stock at this point and will be till I get back to the states.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yah i would agree on the GPS...gives you speed, mileage, and path. and can be downloaded to a computer.

Plus altitude if you launch it high enough..hahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
If you do get a "Vapor" or "Vector", I'd also recommend that you get the dashboard... It will allow you a place to put your stock lights... neutral light, reverse light... etc. See attachment...

roadkill

·
Registered
734 Posts
Vapor

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I had a buddy who went through three of those. Vapor warranty department didn't like that it got wet (paraphrasing of course) and didn't want to warranty the last repair. Check Rocky Mountain ATV's buyer reviews on it...on the whole it rates pretty poorly.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you do get a "Vapor" or "Vector", I'd also recommend that you get the dashboard... It will allow you a place to put your stock lights... neutral light, reverse light... etc. See attachment...

roadkill

Thanks Roadkill, I actually already ordered the bar clamps, this may sound like a kinda Dumb question but every site I go to shows the Clamp, Computer, and the light cluster together, My question is if I order the dashboard if it has the bracket behind the computer (Protection). I am actually looking more into a GPS, after some Discussion with Biffman out here, and am concerned that if I get the dashboard I will end up with another aluminum bracket meant for the computer, and if so are they Detachable from Eachother. I also emailed Trail tech so if I get an answer from them I will Post it here as to how the Clamps come for Future Refence.:confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had my vapor for about a year and it was damaged because a dumbass friend of mine that helped me wash the quad used the pressure washer on it... just emailed Trailtech and got another head unit for free no questions asked within a week. That other unit I had for about 1.5 years with no problems. Sold the quad so dont know how much longer it worked. The computer base is not detachable from the clamp as I remember. I would recommend you keep it and try it.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just spoke with Trail tech and the Bar clamps come with the Modified lighting bracket. We will see what I get when I finally get back to the states.

·
Registered
306 Posts

roadkill
Can't use it if you have a aftermarket steering stem. The holes don't line up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.