Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
A paper filter(K&N,Velocity) will flow air more freely and give more power but a foam filter will offer better filtration protecting your motor better.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
You'll find that most people really lean one way or the other. The guys that like foam swear that paper/gauze filters like the K&N and Velocity suck. The Uni will definitely offer you better protection. I have a Velocity and run a pre-filter. I have yet to find any dust in the intake. I like K&N and Velocity because I HATE cleaning foam filters. I've had good experience with K&N too, so I went that route. If you ride in a lot of dust, then I would probably go with a foam filter like the Uni.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Agree with xx-rated. The K&N are not paper though, they are made of pressed cotton fiber.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yup, depends on where you ride. I have the UNI and ride mostly in the desert.:hey:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have run both on different bikes over the years. I think the K&N type filters will flow somewhat more but I question if they are as good at filtration as the foam filters. I have no proof of that, and you can find opinions either way all over the net.

Both are good as long as you keep them clean and maintain them per the manufacturers recommendations.

If you use some type of pre-filtering method, the time between cleanings will be similiar. The K&N type filters are much easier to clean though.

It really comes down to personal preference. I run a UNI on my 700XX.

·
Registered
579 Posts
OK, I have question for you.. i have the EHS Airbox lid & I have the K&N with a prefilter also..I want to know if I have too much restriction on air flow by using 2 prefiltered devices??

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
OK, I have question for you.. i have the EHS Airbox lid & I have the K&N with a prefilter also..I want to know if I have too much restriction on air flow by using 2 prefiltered devices??
Absolutely not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have K&N on my truck, other quads, and my car. Cleaning them is a snap and like stated already if it's real dusty just use a prefilter and all should be fine.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
which gives more air and power with ehs lid
your not going to feel no extra power or torque from just an air filter, you will though with a full exhaust.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I gots to disagree with ya there tbird. I did the EHS big 3 recently. At first I ran stock filter with modded box and barker. Just got my UNI's in and adjusted the fuel map up a bit. Notice a significant diff under heavy accel. Not night and day by any means, but smoother and more "pep".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts