Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vortex have just completed testing on their CDI and is now available; really good gains for someone who already has a pipe and filter.

Reaction has been positive so far, our rider said "stuff the engine kit, we don't need it, it has enough power" we were going to install a hi-comp piston and cam but now it's on the back burner.

http://www.vortexcdi.com/trx700xx_ecu.htm

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
sweeeet...the dyno chart is confusing

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]TRX700XX VORTEX X10 ECU MAIN FEATURES
- IMPROVED POWER ACROSS THE ENTIRE RPM RANGE & FASTER THROTTLE RESPONSE
- 10 FUEL & IGNITION MAPS DEVELOPED WITH DUNCAN FULL SYSTEM AND PRO DESIGN FILTER KIT
- EASY FUEL TRIM WITH ONLY A SCREWDRIVER REQUIRED FOR ADJUSTMENTS
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE WITH VORTEX ECU SOFTWARE and USB ADAPTOR (SOLD SEPARATELY)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]NOTE: THIS DYNO GRAPH IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE RELATIVE GAINS BETWEEN THE STOCK BIKE VERSUS A BIKE WITH VORTEX ECU COMBINED WITH A DUNCAN FULL RACE SYSTEM AND PRO DESIGN FILTER KIT. THIS GRAPH SHOWS THE RESULTS OF A FULL THROTTLE DYNO RUN ONLY AND DOES NOT REPRESENT PARTIAL THROTTLE OPENINGS WHERE MUCH OF OUR TESTING IS DONE.[/FONT]

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's a complete ecu, you have complete control of ignition and fuel maps doing away with the need of PC's/dobeck controllers. They'll run about 750-800$.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
They made roughly 55hp with there big3 combo, very impressive.

but if u look they say that the xx make 45wrhp stock. almost all other dyno say 39.8... bottom line 10hp gain:hey:

·
Registered
102 Posts
but if u look they say that the xx make 45wrhp stock. almost all other dyno say 39.8... bottom line 10hp gain:hey:
So I'm guessin its no better than any other big 3 exhaust,intake and fuel programmer.:eek:hno:
The PCV with autotune will be hard to beat I think. I dont see how any fuel programmer could stay in tune worth a crap without a sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
So I'm guessin its no better than any other big 3 exhaust,intake and fuel programmer.:eek:hno:
The PCV with autotune will be hard to beat I think. I dont see how any fuel programmer could stay in tune worth a crap without a sensor.
Incorrect, The Vortex let's you alter the timing curve. The only way to make real power is to be able to adjust both timing and fuel. This is the best programmer available yet. It is capable of using wideband also.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Keep in mind they are almost 800 bucks. Wideband is a sensor that monitors A/F ratio. Similar to an O2 sensor.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts