Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 itp T9 serie in polish look (they brand new) but i want to paint it before to mount my tire. So i'm not sure the paint can hold up after some run.

Can you show me you're and did you powder coat ou spray can!!

thank

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Spray paint mine after I sand them down then prime them and after a couple of trail riding, they were scratch so unless you powder coat them, they will scratch up over time.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Think scuzz meant to say funds. lol!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i sanded my wheels down, primed them with self etching, and put two coats of hammered on. rode for two days on trails and ended up with a chip the size of a pea. solution: get the can out and touch up. done. polished wheels might need a little more prep work to get the paint to stick better.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I painted mine in the beginning...

After one ride.... (kinda hard to see)

New wheels powdercoated...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all right tanks:) I DON'T will paint it. Find a shop to powder coated it, or ttry to change my t9 wheel when a i buy my new tire for the t9 black wheel:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
all right tanks:) I DON'T will paint it. Find a shop to powder coated it, or ttry to change my t9 wheel when a i buy my new tire for the t9 black wheel:)
adding your location to your profile may save you some grief from any grammar police... depending on what that location is, of course. :D

5W0P3: where were you riding to scuff the paint off that badly?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
adding your location to your profile may save you some grief from any grammar police... depending on what that location is, of course. :D

5W0P3: where were you riding to scuff the paint off that badly?
Could have sworn that he's from Canada but never said where from?

·
Registered
183 Posts
what are you guys riding on to get them to that level of poopiness? ive had mine out about 4 times now on some pretty muddy/rough jeep trails and have only had one small chip. is this sand/gravel that does this?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hehe i'm from Quebec and not very well in english, so, thank for your comprehension;)

All trail i riding is rock and some muds!!!

thank for pictures:)

·
Registered
667 Posts
u da man scuzz! lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
lol, That is a classic

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
FWIW, the paint comes off when mud sticks to the wheels and dries. That and the carwash / power washer will do it too. Specially with mud on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.