Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of Rear tires for my Polaris Phoenix. Size is 20x10x9 need asap thanks. Local I found new for $68.00 each for a holeshot clone.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
got some stock wore out 400ex tires id give you but they have very little tread maybe 1/4 inch left,i have no pic s right at this time you prolly wouldnt be interested!:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got some stock wore out 400ex tires id give you but they have very little tread maybe 1/4 inch left,i have no pic s right at this time you prolly wouldnt be interested!:xx:
Thanks but sounds like what I have on there now, lol. I may just bite the bullet and order the kutters for it at Rockymountain. for $76.99. I know I paid under $75.00 each for mine awhile back, now there like $91.99 each!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks but sounds like what I have on there now, lol. I may just bite the bullet and order the kutters for it at Rockymountain. for $76.99. I know I paid under $75.00 each for mine awhile back, now there like $91.99 each!
Tires are made from oil. Oil prices go up and therefore tires as well. It takes 10 gallons of crude oil to produce one passenger car tire. Now you know why we are fighting all these wars in oil lands! Oops my bad, its because of weapons of mass destruction. Now I remember.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a set about 50% worn on rear and 25% on fronts the GBC X rex. the Razr clones. But the guy on craigslist wont reply, he didn't list a phone #. So I started looking for these and found rears for $60.89 at atvtirestore.com and atvtirebarn.com anyone ever shop at either of these places? Or do you think I should spend the extra $32.10 for the Kutters at Rockymountain?

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know, thanks. I will try and call them later today and talk with them, I had no idea they would beat other prices.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Craven,

I got a hold of discount tires. And there price was $79.00 a tire. And they beat the other price of 60.89 each. So 2 tires shipped for $129.00 Bruce said they'd be here Monday, to bad I didn't order a few days back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm glad I could help out.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Craven,

I got a hold of discount tires. And there price was $79.00 a tire. And they beat the other price of 60.89 each. So 2 tires shipped for $129.00 Bruce said they'd be here Monday, to bad I didn't order a few days back.

Thanks for your support. We appreciate your business.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your support. We appreciate your business.

Thank you for being a supporting vendor! Tires arrived on Monday as promised. And I guess I was wrong on the price. The total was $128.11, $60.00 each on the tires plus tax. Great deal on a 6 ply tire & the GBC X -Rex look sweet. I will probably be looking for a set of these for my XX as soon as I wear the Kutters out.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent, let us know your opinion of the GBC X-Rex when you get some seat time with them.

Having a heck of a time getting the bead to set all the way on them. I finnaly got the left side, but the inside of the right is still not set. Although it is holding air, I can see it's still not set all the way. Tire says not to inflate over 36lbs when seating bead. What can I really do the try and get it to seat all the way? I used all the lube in the world and finnaly got the left to seat. I know the original tire size was 20x10x9" wide and this is 20x11x9" Could that extra inch of width be the problem?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting the bead to set.

The extra width should not be a problem. I have heard of people using a soap and water solution to help at times. Another method is to use a ratchet strap tight around the middle of the tire, then let it sit in the sun at full pressure. Some people even bounce the tire like a basketball.

Let us know if this works.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting the bead to set.

The extra width should not be a problem. I have heard of people using a soap and water solution to help at times. Another method is to use a ratchet strap tight around the middle of the tire, then let it sit in the sun at full pressure. Some people even bounce the tire like a basketball.

Let us know if this works.

Tried all of the above, but the sitting in the sun. The ratchet strap idea I think is just to get tire to take air. I can get them to blow up, just not seat all the way. But like I said the one held air at 6.5lbs. And we were able to ride the weekend. I will remove valve stem and try some more lube on other tire. So are you not going to tell me I can shoot up to 50lbs into tire to seat bead if needed, when it's marked not to go over 36lbs?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
We do not recommend inflating the tire over the recommended max pressure.

I would take it back to the installer that you paid to mount your tire and have them fix it.

They may need to unmount the tire and check for problems before installation.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol the installer would be me!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
You may have to take it off ans start again. I have not heard of such a stubborn tire. The strap may help to force more pressure to the side walls.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You may have to take it off ans start again. I have not heard of such a stubborn tire. The strap may help to force more pressure to the side walls.
Okay thanks, and tire's look awesome. Hard to believe even with bead not set all the way they held air to ride a couple days! Once there right I will let them down to 4 lbs where there supposed to be. I'm sure I will have it fixed before my next ride labor day weekend!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts