Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before buying new, thought I'd see if anyone had a taller softer seat, larger gas tank or the EHS airbox lid. If so please PM me.

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Did you get the clear tank, or natural I think they call it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
I've wanted one of those larger tanks for a long time now. But I have never really been out where I've ran out. When we run the state forest we always double back to the truck midday and refuel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Considering I ran out on my first trip in a water hole
at 35 total miles (without reserve), I thought a bigger tank was in order. My other option was to manage to strap a 2gal tank somewhere on the back of the machine. Day 2, when I knew about the fact i would be into the reserve that soon I added 1.3gal earlier. At the end of the day the 850 Sportsman's I was with were running on fumes as well. Told me to ride with a Sportsman that carries 1.3gal of extra that the IMS would be enough without carrying. Considering the cost of the tank and carrying system adding the tank (and a gas gauge, lol) seemed like a no brainer. I am torn on how it looks, but it matches my snowmobile which has the same gas gauge...

·
Super Moderator
5,850 Posts
Have you installed the ims tank yet? I'm interested in fitment. And I always wanted the black tank, but those seam rare now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't. Waiting for my streamline front brake lines to come in. Extending all the lines since the 2" riser causes a bit too much tension for my liking in the stock lines. Figured it is easier to run them all when it is apart versus not. Hopefully I will get some time this week, but Sunday I leave with the family for vacation for a week and last week was on a business trip in Europe so my windows of free time aren't so big.

I will document it and share as it goes on though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts