Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I changed the oil to day and discovered that one of the little drain tubes has coolent leaking out. yes I did check and its not the drain/vent from the over flow bottle. It comes right off the bottom of the water pump. Has any one else had this issue???:confused: and it is low on coolent below the low mark

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is it coming out of the little hole ? I had that on my Yamaha yfx450 it was the seal behind the impeller, easy fix.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stoped by the local honda dealer and they said 2 weeks out on there shop and they wont work with my aftermarket warrenty. I thought it would be covered by the factory warrenty?? water pump they said is not repairpable and about $130 if I buy it and fix it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ya I looked it up no seal like the yfz. not $130-WATER PUMP ASSY.
19200-HP6-A00 $107.46
From lakecityhonda.com

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ya but its under some kind of warrenty so I am not going to touch it. I can do the work but I shouldnt have to on a bike I have owned for 4 months or less. the local shop is giving me the feeling that I didnt buy it from them they dont want to or wont work on it. that just givs me another reason not to support them. If I have to I will drop it off on my way to idaho where I (hillsburo) got it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Why did they say they wouldn't deal with your aftermarket warranty? Sounds like a shitty shop. None the less this should be covered under your factory 12 month warranty.
:stupid: I'd take it to another dealer maybe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.