Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys done any water skimming?? If so what setup did you use. im thinking the xx is heavy but i might try it on some smaller ponds. just wondering.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Go under "video" and you'll see a few of some great water skimming.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have seen the vids I think scuzz posted of this.....I can't seem to figure out why anyone would want to risk sinking thier bike to do this...thats what boats are for...but to each his/her own.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the vids are of raptors and predators. i just wanted to know if it could be done on a 700xx. I watch those guys do it at wiggins ms and the more i watch the more i want to try it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If a raptor can do it, I am sure the XX is more than capable of doing it, and it does look cool, but I will never try it with my bike.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so haulers are a must then. cool scuzz. i watch them do it almost every weekend. last time i was out danny wanted me to try it but i am a little leary about the weight of the XX.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
You could install an air bag under the frame so when it started to sink, you would just pull the lever and the air bag would inflate, the only problem with that is if the air pressure is not regulated properly, you/bike might just learn how to fly, lol!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
i also learned that you slip the clutch so it doesnt bog in such a high gear, i think it will skim, i have accelerated fast enough on 2-4" of water and got my bike on the water, one time at wiggins i was riding wheelies in a little creek part and my bike got all the way on top of the water on 2 wheels and drifted sideways almost killing me LOL...i was on slanted paddles so i think its very possible on the xx.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i also learned that you slip the clutch so it doesnt bog in such a high gear, i think it will skim, i have accelerated fast enough on 2-4" of water and got my bike on the water, one time at wiggins i was riding wheelies in a little creek part and my bike got all the way on top of the water on 2 wheels and drifted sideways almost killing me LOL...i was on slanted paddles so i think its very possible on the xx.
how often do you hit up wiggins. it seems like i go there every weekend i am home now.

i guess i need to put haulers on order. the thing that sucks is i just got brand new sand stars. i guess having a set of each isnt so bad.:nuts:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts