Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's a question for you motorheads. I want to start going into the motor and do a little work. I know I want to go with an 11:1 compression ratio with an upgraded piston and some headword. But my question is what kind of webb cam and how much head work is too much for trail riding and some drag racing? Obviously upgraded springs and rockers are required im just not sure which cam to get.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DL could you pm me with some pricing for the porting and cam its gona be a little while before I start this, around a month or two but I want to go ahead and get some info on this.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I say you just buy my motor :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jody, Im ready for a little more kick under the seat.

Mike if I had 2500 bucks just laying around you could bet I would do it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am in the same predicament.
I do XC , Ovals and everything inbetween , All need differant motor builds. Eric said he might build something for the trails , I am hoping it will have low end grunt and rev to the moon. It's a big hope but kinda finding worth waiting for. :D

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks daniel im looking forward to getting it done. If I stay at 11:1 I should be ok on pump gas shouldn't I? Race fuel is hard to find around my area.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes what is the price?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
275 i have 1 on shelf and more getting made requires springs if you are getting a new head would wait for the new springs i have they are good for. 500 lift the std kibbles for xx aren't really supposed to be pushing. 440 lift even though everybody is using them

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Whats the lift on the 290's?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts