Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Web Cam

13K views 83 replies 14 participants last post by  Britalican 
You have flow bench numbers on your heads?
No, and i wont get into that argument.... Weve built top tier Motors that have beaten the other top tier "flow bench tested" motors....

the proof is in the pudding...DYNO RESULTS and RACE RESULTS

IMO a Flow bench is a great tool but can easily lead the porter down multiple wrong paths searching for a number that doesnt perform in real world testing

Im pretty confident but i think it would be wrong to say like its a fact without proper testing otherwise it can lead to things kinda the problem with all this internet knowledge u get a few people that read things then they pass that knowledge like its a fact pretty soon everybody thinks its a fact i try to back my post up with experience not just i read it somewhere :)
best way to do that is Test the products u sell against the next best in the business and share the results

Your heads are CNC? I'm just asking because you said the cam needs to be matched to port work, I'm wondering how you know what each head needs that leaves your shop if there is no numbers to compare. Do you judge by eye what kinda cam matches the port?

I'd be worried if so since two guys have had to mod there ported TB's be the same quality assurance program you have.
No they are not cnc, and you really try and think too far into what is said here. Port sizes are measured and repeated for the same style head....

You will never truly understand the aspects of what it takes to build a performance motor....WHY ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS?

Like i posted before, the port and cam need to perform well together. This is achieved thru Dyno testing and on the sand/track.
YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND!!!

The Porter(not me personally) does his thing, the power and consistency between his work has been excellent to say the least(results being verified on the dyno)... Hate at that all you want The people who buy them are very happy and are not left looking for more...at the end of the day Our stuff is faster then the next guys CNC heads
Each head is done to each build, no cookie cutter stuff here!!!

as far as the throttle bodies go, the installer of the product has to have the knowledge to fit a part properly and make fine adjustments. I feel the adjustments to the plate fitment by the customers was in vain do to incorrect adjustment of the IAC, though we did exchange these out for a updated version free of charge. The plate is not required to entirely seal the Bore(this will cause it to stick closed), this is wear the IAC comes into play

lol read what i said there is nothing mass produced about a cnc head. A cnc head is the same exact thing as a hand ported head in the end if you digitize a bad hand ported head you get a bad cnc ported head if you digitize a good hand ported cnc head you get a good head. all cnc heads are is a digitized hand port that you can replicate. all the digitizations i have had done are of stock valve port work so far and then they get cut by hand for larger valves it just basically gives you a correct much easier piece to start from.

What im saying is the time involved to create a good port takes awhile im not sitting down porting a premo job for 14 hours and only charging $350. im not saying anything bad about hand ported heads either they all start that way at one time and should end up that way as well.
The cnc is a great tool that cuts cost, thats for sure, u know u have the exact same thing every time... which is good, but is that not cookie cutter?...
there are some good heads being done with CNC, but the great ones will always be done by hand one at a time
there are many arguments either way which will get us nowhere

is a custom grind cam cookie cutter if you make more than 1 or is the 1st one custom and the rest cookie style?
I guess i get your point, the difference between custom, production and shelf part is not that much of a stretch, what im getting at is how long will a CNC design port go unchanged if the designer thinks its great, he/they will continue to put them out with no additional thought on improving the port...

their is no perfect port design and it is a thing that should forever be evolving

If you take one of those great hand ported heads and cnc it, is it not great anymore? If that one particular head made great hp, would it not make it again cnc'd? Hand porting will give you a different port everytime, How is it known that one of them wasn't up to par? Each hand ported head will give you different results, even if it's just a few HP loss every now and then the loss is still there. If none of the heads are ever flowed then you don't have proof it is equal to the previous. Unless you built a handful of motors exactly the same and they all made exactly the same HP could you claim the dyno proves your theory. There are not enough motors with the same setup in the XX community to compare either. On top of it all this is third party information on the heads since you do not port them yourself. You are correct that a great head will be cut by hand but you cannot promise every hand port will be great. This is where CNC guarantees a customer a tried and proven head. You take the best one and repeat it.
When you claimed that each cam needs to be matched to a head, My question is how do you know it is the best match if there are no other numbers to compare it being it's the only build like it? No flow numbers or dyno numbers of the same build?
This is not to fight with you, It's an attempt for you to explain yourself with a viable question.
like ive said ten times and with every subject u argue, u wouldnt understand even with the best explanation i could give. Im not obligated to explain myself to you

We make HP, the customers know that.... no explanation needed.
(CUERVO, a close friend does the porting and is a part of my business)

P.S. u wouldnt understand :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.